The feedback has been valuable, thank you. We plan to implement the following currently:
- Provide a new option called “Allow SiteFinity search engines to index this page”, on the advanced options of a page.
- Widgets will receive the same option as pages. Please let us know if additional widgets types need the feature. We will also make exclude content on navigation widgets, by default.
A roadmap for SiteFinity 7.1 is currently being planned, with search improvements as a key focus. Features to be considered for the release are:
- Documents should be excluded from search results for a person, when the person does not have permissions to view the content.
- Provide permissions on document libraries, which need to also be considered in searches.
- Categories and tags should be considered in search results.
- Description of the page should be shown with the search results, using Google search results as an example.
Your feedback is again welcome, including BMW examples :-)