We are glad to announce that Sitefinity 6.3 Beta is available for download here.
This version contains: Custom URLs in Pages, SEO improvements, Custom Taxonomies as filtering options in Content Widgets, Comments Notifications, improvements in Sites Sync, Ecommerce Tier Pricing, and Taxes import. Details are below.
Please, try to upgrade your project and let us know of your feedback and comments!
! Important: Note that this build is for preview purposes only and upgrades from it will not be supported.
Custom URLs in Pages
When editing Page Title and Properties in Backend, users can set a custom URL for the page which is independent from the page position in the hierarchy.
In the following page hierarchy:
Automatically, the default url of page 3 is: ~/page1/page2/page3
Now, users can make the default URL of page 3 to be: “~/anything”
- Once a page or content is published, subsequent changes to the title of page /content do not update the URL automatically.
- When there are special symbol is in the beginning or the end of page/content title, nothing is inserted in the URL. For example title “?news?” generates URL “news”
- When there is a sequence of special symbols in the title of page or content, and URL is generated, one replacement is be made for all symbols. For example: title “news???us” will generate URL “news-us”
Custom Taxonomies as filtering options in Content Widgets
When custom fields of type Taxonomy are added to a Content Type, filtering by those taxonomies shows automatically in the Content Widget designers of this type.
Comments now use Service Stack. For those of you upgrading from version older than Sitefinity 6.2, please add the Service Stack portion to webconfig, as per instructions here
Via a link in the Comments section on the public site, users can subscribe to receive email notifications for posted comments.
To enable the feature, go to Advanced Settings> Comments Module, select the content type for which you want to enable notifications, and click on “Enable email subscription”
Note: You need to configure your SMTP server first.
Batch Operations in Backend
In Backend>Comments users can select multiple comments and apply to them actions such as: Delete, Publish, Mark as spam, etc.
- Implemented option to Cancel site syncing
- Improved UI for picking items waiting for sync - included filtering by taxonomies, showed parent item, enabled sorting
- Added syncing of custom fields data in built-in modules
Tier pricing allows store managers to set different prices depending on the quantity of the ordered product. Thus, customers can order bigger quantities at reduced price per item.
To enable this functionality, log in to Sitefinity back-end, open a product and create a tier price rule. After the changes are published, the tier price rule will take effect.
Taxes import and export
Taxes can be imported from a CSV file, thus saving the time for manual update via the Backend interface.
Note: To create a CSV import template, create a sample tax and export it to a CSV file.
Products image thumbnails allow store admins to reduce the loading time of ecommerce pages by using smaller optimized image files. The following widgets can be set to use thumbnails: Product list, Shopping cart, Shopping cart summary, Checkout, Wish list, Buy now, Orders list, and Order invoice.
To apply a thumbnail, open the respective widget designer and select the desired thumbnail to be displayed by the widget.
We look forward to receiving your feedback!