Sitefinity 7.1 Beta is available for download on this link
(Download link updated on 1July, include fixes in Sitemap, upgrade in Service Stack).
We have also NuGet packages available on http://nuget.sitefinity.com
This version contains: Audit Trail, Recycle Bin, XML Sitemap generator, and more.
We’d be happy to hear your feedback and questions on the coming release!
Please, upgrade your projects and let us know if you encounter any issues.
Notes: This release is for testing and evaluation purposes. Upgrades from it will not be supported.
SITEFINITY 7.1. BETA RELEASE NOTES
Enterprise license only
Audit log creates a record for actions performed in Sitefinity Backend such as log in, log out, content and pages creation, modification, deletion, etc. The collected data allows administrators to investigate content incidents promptly, and to take notice in cases of unauthorized access.
Notes: The recommended setup requires that Kibana and Elastic search are installed (instructions).
- Audit Trail module can be installed in section Administration> Modules & Services
- Settings cab be set in Advanced Settings> Audit
- Default Kibana Dashboards show details on content updates, logged in users, newly created users and roles. (download link)
Recycle Bin stores deleted items for a period of time, thus allowing for the easy recovery in case of incidental deletion.
- Content items and Pages are sent to Recycle Bin upon deletion.
- In Administration> Recycle Bin users can preview, restore, or delete permanently stored items.
- In Basic Settings>Global settings> Recycle Bin, administrators can enable/disable Recycle Bin, and set the period for which deleted items are stored in the bin.
- In Beta, items supporting Recycle Bin are: Pages, News, Events, Dynamic Content Types.All content modules will be covered for the official release
- In Multilingual Mode, recycle bin is supported upon deletion of the whole content item
Users creating content can easily duplicate existing items thus reusing content which is already in place.
Duplicate option on the Actions menu of content item is available for: Events, News Items, List items, Blog posts, Dynamic Content Items, and Shared Content Blocks.
XML Sitemap generator
(Documentation, how to include content and pages in sitemap)
Sitemap generator creates an XML file containing the URLs for a Sitefinity site along with info on when they were last updated, how often they change, and how important they are, relative to other URLs. The sitemap is used by search engines crawling the site.
- XML Sitemap settings and generation can be done in section Settings> Sitemap.
- XML Sitemap cannot be generated on projects created with Sitefinity Project Manager (Cassini)
Multiple Child Types per Level in Module Builder
This implementation removes the current restriction where users can have only one child content type on a given level in Module Builder.
- In Module builder, users can add more than one child content type under a parent content type
- In Page Toolbox, a new section is added for each module, and a new widget is added for each content type
- Widgets of child content types, can be filtered by parent item
- Page Templates: Added option to upload custom thumbnails per template by clicking on Page Templates properties (FP)
- Images, Videos, Documents: Added CDN support (documentation)
- Related Data: Added "Simple link" front end widget for displaying related media items
- Authentication: Added support for authentication with external STS. This allows having an authenticated user in Sitefinity that is not part of the CMS membership provider.
- Error Logging: Added option to use external logging framework
- Dynamic Content Items: Added duplication option
- Ecommerce: Added option to relate to products via Custom Fields
- Forms Widget: Ajax postbacks support upon form submission
- Eventhub: Added
- Pages cache optimizations
- Libraries service performance fixes
- Reduced DB quieries in Pages Backend
- NLB communication optimization
- Blogs: Loading of the back-end blogs grid is slow when there are many blog posts assigned to a single blog
- Comments: Extended event handling for comments with rating
- Events: Error message for event end date earlier than start date causes disorder of UI elements
- Share preview link: doesn’t is working on sub folder sites
- Rad editor: Border option screen for tables is not rendered properly
Images, Videos, Documents
- Additional urls for images and documents do not redirect to the default one
- Multilingual: The translation commands for an image are removed when the image does not have translation in the current language
- Multilingual: Fixed upgrade of page localization strategy migration
- Navigation: Changing the back-end language does not affect the main navigation menu
- Content block: Hyperlink manager does not work for users other than administrators when working in Multisite and Multilingual environment
- Document link: Problem in the properties dialog of, if the document is unpublished
- Documents: Edited document title is not updated in the widget
- Image: Listing Categories and tags is adding stroller and the dialog is not looking good
- Control property ID in not preserved after “Save” in multilingual pages
- Locked items can be open for edit by other user through related data field
- Filtering by URL in front-end, doesn't work with provider different than the default
- Exception is thrown when libraries module is deactivated and user opens a blog or a page containing related media image field
- Exception is thrown in the front-end if there is related news field and News module is deactivated
- Author is able to edit items that don’t belong to him via the related data selector
- Added Code reference for Related data/media fields
- RelatedMediaAndData: The fields are visible in custom user profile
- Accounts without an email will no longer prevent the rest of the subscribers from receiving the notification
- Fixed the sorting of the form field controls when sending email notifications. The message templates are no more locked and all changes are removed after clicking "Back to message templates"
- Locked template and not discarded content after Back to message templates button clicked
- Bounce messages statistics is not properly calculated when there are large amount of bounce messages
- Export of subscribers is not working properly when there are large number of subscribers in the system
- Multisite synchronization issues for deleted items coming from monolingual sites when others are multilingual
- Incorrect prefix for migrated taxonomies in multisite migration
- Product migration fails if more than 2 items are migrated
- Cannot sync an attribute which is applied to specific product type
- In pending items dialog only items from the default provider are filtered by taxonomy
- Fixed creating two Default Calendars after migration
- Pending Items Dialog Selective sync throws an exception randomly
- Marketo: Calls for jQuery and JSON2 are no longer made in the front-end pages if they are already loaded.
- Sharepoint: Cannot create mapping for SharePoint list, which name contain only cyrillic letters
- Sharepoint: SharePoint Error messages for duplicate items for documents is not shown
- Sharepoint: Added validation to Connector for SharePoint when synchronizing dynamic module types. You can no longer select or synchronize a non-root level type
- BaaS: 'View data in the cloud' and 'Details' links are broken
- Dashboard: Awaiting approval filter is not showing items
- Dashboard: Status filtering is not working properly
- Search: Not working after trimming the search query (FP)
- MVC: Helper methods defined in razor views (in App_Code folder) do not work properly
- MVC: Context does not copy ApplicationInstance and Cookies
- MVC: Ability to control the exact content of a response of an action
- Users: Created and user creating events not firing properly
- Inline Editing: Publishing content in IE causes js error “Unable to get property 'prop' of undefined or null reference”
- Address Field: Values are not persisted when you create dynamic item with address field
- Forms: Issue preventing the user from editing the root level permissions for Forms
- Choice field: Creating a choice field throws error when a choice value has "<" symbol in it
- Dynamic Module: Old media field cannot be deleted
- Search: Changing the identifier to a another field of a custom module, results in empty results when searching for the old field
- Search: Documents appear in all site search indexes when working in Multisite mode
- Ecommerce: Purchased downloads cannot be downloaded when file is replaced
Note: Sitefinity skin will be deprecated in Siteifnity 7.2 and onwards. All Telerik UI controls for ASP.NET AJAX that are part of Sitefinity will render with their default theme instead of the Sitefinity skin.
This is the last release, in which the Sitefinity skin is available in the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins assembly.
This means that if you use Sitefinity-skinned ASP.NET AJAX controls in Sitefinity v7.1 they will still work. However, newer Sitefinity versions (7.2 or later) will not support the Sitefinity skin.
We recommend that you check any custom front- and/or back-end widgets that might use the Sitefinity skin and switch their skin to the default or another supported theme.
This also applies to any custom modules (e.g. custom content modules, custom intra-site modules etc).