More in this section
Forums / Bugs & Issues / Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Document

Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Document

The forums are in read-only mode. In case that you want to directly contact the Progress Sitefinity team use the support center. In our Google Plus group you can find more than one thousand Sitefinity developers discussing different topics. For the Stack Overflow threads don’t forget to use the “Sitefinity” tag.
4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    20 posts
    Registered:
    14 Jun 2010
    08 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    I've added a custom field to the documents and files module, using the custom fields tool in the Sitefinity backend.  It was a classification field using a classification I also added to the classifications module called PublicationType. Everything was working fine until I deleted a document.  After that whenever I attempted to add a new document the application would throw the following error: 

    Could not find the specified key "PublicationType" or class id "TaxonomyResources".

    On the same site, I created the same custom field for News and it works fine. Has anyone else encountered this and is it in fact a bug?

    Thanks.

    Kevin
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    12 Sep 2017
    08 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Kevin,

    Can you provide the exact steps you followed ( form the beginning) or short video, so we can try to replicate the issue. It is possible that there is a bug with Images and Documents & Files module.

    Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    20 posts
    Registered:
    14 Jun 2010
    08 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    Thanks Ivan,

    Here are the steps I took to reproduce the issue on a new project I started.  I've also added a few screen shots.

    1. Add Classification
    2. Add a few test publication types
    3. Add a new library
    4. Upload a document (I only do this because I can't find a way to get to the Custom Field without creating a document and getting to the listings page)
    5. Add Custom Field at /Sitefinity/Content/Documents
    6. Try adding a new document, error will be thrown.

  4. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    20 posts
    Registered:
    14 Jun 2010
    08 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    Alright, I managed to get this setup on a third site, without any issue.   I named the custom field "Type" instead of Publication Type, which was also the name of the classification I created.   
4 posts, 0 answered