Cant Install With SQL Server 2000

8 posts, 0 answered
  1. Shaun Mitchem
    Shaun Mitchem avatar
    12 posts
    05 Aug 2003
    16 Jan 2007
    Link to this post
    Should i be able to set up a new site with SQL server 2000 yet? I havent had any luck - I enter the database details and then the admin user details and it goes to the error page saying "for more details, set custom errors to off" - i do this in the new web.config file, click refresh on the browser and it takes me back to the page to enter the database details (and then the admin password again) - after this it then shows the following error message:

Server Error in '/SFTest' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be compared or sorted, except when using IS NULL or LIKE operator.

Source Error:

Line 48:       <clear />
    Line 49:       <add connectionStringName="DefaultNolicsConnection" applicationName="/"
    Line 50:        name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikRoleProvider, Telerik.DataAccess" />
    Line 51:      </providers>
    Line 52:     </roleManager>

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.0\WebSites\SFTest\web.config    Line: 50

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

It  does connect to the database as at least some of the tables are created (i dont think it is all of them as it doesnt look like very many)

Should this be workign or shall i just leave off SQL server 2000 for the meantime?
  2. Rebecca
    Rebecca avatar
    536 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    16 Jan 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi Shaun,

We found that these errors are related to the ASP.NET Web Administration. It seems that the ASP.NET Web Administration tool expects the type of MemebershipUser and cannot resolve the Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikMembershipUser type which inherits MemebershipUser.

Actually, you can use the Sitefinity User Administration instead of the ASP.NET Web Administration.

However, we managed to get around the above problem and are sending to you an update of the Telerik.DataAccess.dll assembly in a .zip file. You need to copy it to the following folders:
    • bin folder of your newly created project
    • C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.0\ProjectManager\EmptyProject\bin folder (or [sitefinity_install_location]\ProjectManager\EmptyProject\bin if you installed Sitefinity in a different location)
    We are sorry for the inconvenience. I hope there will be no further problems.

Regards,
    Rebecca
    the telerik team
  3. Asit
    Asit avatar
    87 posts
    07 Nov 2009
    14 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I have no acess to the server computer.
    I need to install the sitefinity using FTP and Sql server 2000.

Can u plz tell me how to do that.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    14 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello asit pani,

Migrate all files trough FTP and attach or restore a database backup . Then modify the web.config and it connectionStrings section to the proper SQL server.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Asit
    Asit avatar
    87 posts
    07 Nov 2009
    14 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,
    Thanks for ur reply.
    But in development i m using sql server 2005 and in production i have 2000 version.
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    14 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi asit pani,

You cannot restore SQL 2005 database over SQL 2000. You have to script all data from the database and migrate it to SQL 2000 or use more appropriate host server.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  7. Asit
    Asit avatar
    87 posts
    07 Nov 2009
    14 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi

i got the following error after ran the sql server 2000 script.

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sf_DataAccessVariables_ins', database 'db1011979_sitefinity', owner 'dbo'.

Source Error:

Line 106:        <clear />
    Line 107:        <add connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" applicationName="/"
    Line 108:          name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikRoleProvider, Telerik.DataAccess" />
    Line 109:      </providers>
    Line 110:    </roleManager>
  8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Sep 2016
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello asit pani,

The user you use does not have proper permissions -EXECUTE permission denied. Please use a dbo user.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
Register for webinar
8 posts, 0 answered