+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Can't upload images after 7.1 upgrade

Can't upload images after 7.1 upgrade

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. Compton
    Compton avatar
    18 posts
    Registered:
    02 Feb 2012
    18 Sep 2014
    Link to this post

    After upgrading our project to 7.1, we are unable to upload images.  We are able to get into the image uploader and browse or drag-drop images, but after the upload completes there is a message box that says "  'MyImage.png' could not be uploaded.  MyImage.png "   An entry appears for the image in the target Library for the image, but the image itself is blank.

     One other thing to mention is that there is a javascript error that occurs while uploading.  This problem occurs across different browser types.

  2. Compton
    Compton avatar
    18 posts
    Registered:
    02 Feb 2012
    18 Sep 2014 in reply to Compton
    Link to this post

    Solved.... The problem was in the web.config file, and was resolved by commenting out the line "<requestLimits maxQueryString="10000" />" as shown below.

     

      <location path="Telerik.Sitefinity.Html5UploadHandler.ashx">
        <system.web>
          <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="6048000" executionTimeout="7200" maxUrlLength="102400" maxQueryStringLength="102400" requestValidationType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.CustomRequestValidator, Telerik.Sitefinity" />
        </system.web>
        <system.webServer>
          <security>
            <requestFiltering>
              <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2147483648" />
              <!--2GB-->
              <!--<requestLimits maxQueryString="10000" />-->
            </requestFiltering>
          </security>
        </system.webServer>
      </location>

  3. Nick
    Nick avatar
    113 posts
    Registered:
    21 Oct 2008
    03 Dec 2014
    Link to this post

    telerik:RadAsyncUpload not working after upgrading to Sitefinity 7.2.5320.0  

    I am having similar issue, have been using telerik:RadAsyncUpload on one of our custom module though its no longer working.

    Once image is selected it get stuck in uploading without doing anything.

  4. Atanas Valchev
    Atanas Valchev avatar
    414 posts
    Registered:
    04 Jan 2016
    08 Dec 2014
    Link to this post
    Hello,

    So far we have not had other reports of the same issue. Would it be possible to send the control in ticket you have opened so we can try it on our end, please? Once we have resolved the issue, you can share the solution with the community.

    Regards,
    Atanas Valchev
    Telerik
     
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
     
  5. Devin
    Devin avatar
    16 posts
    Registered:
    27 Aug 2013
    14 Jul 2015
    Link to this post

    We're using version 8.0.5710.0 and are receiving the same error when attempting to upload images.

    '{Filename}' could not be uploaded. {Filename}

    A few months ago we performed an upgrade from 8.0.5700.0 to 8.0.57​10.0.

    Thanks,

    Devin

  6. Devin
    Devin avatar
    16 posts
    Registered:
    27 Aug 2013
    14 Jul 2015 in reply to Devin
    Link to this post

    I found a more detailed message in the Developer Console saying, "Configuration element 'requestLimits' already defined". Like Compton, I found that I had the requestLimits element ​listed twice in the web.config but with different attributes.

    <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2147483648" />
    <requestLimits maxQueryString="7200" />

    I combined the attributes from the two elements into one element and can now upload.

    <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2147483648" maxQueryString="7200" />

  7. Julio Molina-Muscara
    Julio Molina-Muscara avatar
    4 posts
    Registered:
    12 Aug 2005
    20 Oct 2015
    Link to this post

    Experienced the exact same problem but when upgrading to 7.3.

    Resolved it by REPLACING web.config (entirely) with the web.config that comes in the 7.3 Empty Project.

7 posts, 0 answered