16 Nov 2011
18 Nov 2011
Link to this post
I've encountered roughly the same issue. I've only been working on my development machine with a development database while I evaluate SiteFinity. Yesterday, everything was working fine. The very last thing I did was to set up an LDAP connection. All I did is:
- Create a new LDAP connection under Settings -> Advanced -> Security -> LDAP Settings -> LDAP Connections
- Change the Authentication settings within IIS.
Then I moved on to some production issues. I came back to the SiteFinity site today and had the error described in this thread. After reading all the posts, I found that the "projectName" property in the ProjectConfig.config was empty. I definitely did not touch this - I've never even looked at this file.
The first thing I did was set the Authentication settings in IIS back to what they were. That didn't fix it. Then, I found what it should be in one of the other posts in this thread and copied it from the database field sf_page_node..app_name.
That fixed my issue.
-BEP ( Brian, but not the Brian that posted the fix above )
"Downloaded my App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config from the server and compared it. And yes the Project name was GONE. Simply empty.
I put my project name back in and uploaded the file, restarted the server and the site was back on!
So this fixed it!
BUT - I tell you it was no move to production, no changes - unbelivable as it might sound - this just happened."