We are using Sitefinity 7.3 with Feather for building a site with an English and French versions. We are using one template for the whole site and by now we haven't translated the template but we did have translation of all of the pages and the content in it (Widgets and/or modules). Since we have header and footer widgets that are put in the template, we had to create a separate French version and once we did, everything (the widgets, content and the actual template in the template viewer) went semi-transparent and if we open any of the pages in French they are all blank, while the English ersion continue to work as it should. When editing the pages we can see that some of the content is showing (semi-transparently in the background) but without any styling from the view. Most of the widgets (if not all of them) are custom, as well as the modules and the template itself. I've stepped trough the code and everything looks normal, the widgets are loaded successfully with the French content and the correct view along with all of the needed resources (js, css etc.) are returned to the browser.
I wonder if this is something that happens regularly or is some weird case of ours.
As an addition I'm providing you with screenshot from the template and part of the page edit.