You seem to have answered your own question in this response. Default convention dictates that you can only have scripts, metadata and links to external files in your page's <head> tag. Placing ASP.Net controls such as Sitefinity widgets in the <head> will cause your page editor to break or freeze as you like to put it.
I do not know why this behavior is only present on your live environment only, but it should be constant every time you place a widget in the placeHolder located in the <head>. What you can do to fix this behavior is the following:
- Publish the page from Pages->locate the page ->Actions-> Publish.
- Go to Actions->Template.
- Remove the current template by selecting No Template and clicking OK.
- At this point all of your controls will not have placeHolders so you will notice them being transparent and not having proper positioning.
- Delete the widgets that were placed in the <head> tag.
- Restore your template to the page.
- Delete the placeHolder that is in the <head> and refrain from placing such there in the future.
This will fix your current issue with the frozen page.
I hope this helps. Contact me if you have additional questions.
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items