Thanks for contacting us.
In Sitefinity 3.2, the Telerik.Web.UI assembly is 2008.1.619.35 and there are no references to 2008.2.1001.20. That assembly version is the Q2 2008 SP2 release of the Telerik.Web.UI and the other one was from our Q1 2008 release from June of this year. Naturally, Sitefinity 3.2, out of the box without alterations, could not reference an assembly that came out after its own release.
Could you please try the following steps to see if they resolve the issue? Here they are:
1. Login to your Client.net account at Sitefinity.com
2. Go to the downloads section
3. Download this file: Sitefinity_3_5_1714_standard_BlankProject.zip
4. Unzip this application under this directory: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.5\WebSites
5. Create a virtual directory and go to this URL: http://localhost/[VirtualDirectoryName]/Sitefinity/Login.aspx
6. Complete the on screen instructions
If you still receive errors with this project, please let us know.
the Telerik team
Check out Telerik Trainer
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.