9 posts, 0 answered
  1. Hasan
    Hasan avatar
    6 posts
    20 Jul 2010
    10 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,
      I am new to Sitefinity and currently i set up an intranet test website for my company.

I tried to set up the RSS feed on news and blogs by referring to the video and documentation available on sitefinity. Also i went through several forums to check if others have posted the error i am facing.

This is what happens.
    -I create the blog feed in administrative section of sitefinity 3.6.
    -I drop the rss feed default control over a page and preview.
    -When i click the rss button nothing happens. There is no redirection to .rss page and even after clicking the RSS button it stays on the same page with no response.

I tried to open the rss page by doing right click on RSS button and opening it on the new page and a blank page opens up.

Let me know what mistake i am doing here.

- I have also verified that i have proper news view controls on the channel page and that the links are exact and relevant.

Let me know what is happening here, why am i getting no response on hitting the RSS button.

thank you
    -Hasan Mithiborwala
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    10 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Hasan,

You could take a look at attached video. I also suggest that you should upgrade to Sitefinity 3.7 SP3. The version you use is quite old and there are several bug fixes that you can benefit if you  upgrade.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Hasan
    Hasan avatar
    6 posts
    20 Jul 2010
    10 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    hi,
      does 3.7 support IIS6 and .net 2.0?

thank you
    -Hasan Mithiborwala
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    10 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Hasan,

IIS 6 and .NET 2.0 are supported.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Hasan
    Hasan avatar
    6 posts
    20 Jul 2010
    11 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,
     thanks for sending me the swf file for creating the feed. I did the exact thing.

However when i click on my .rss.ashx link from administration->services->rss feed section,

the  .rss.ashx file opens a blank page in a new window.This is the same problem that i am facing.

The .rss.ashx opens up in a new window.

Let me know what should i do.

thank you
    -Hasan Mithiborwala 
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    11 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Hasan,

I am not able to reproduce such issues which is proved by the attached video. Try following the steps from the movie which shows how to create the feed.
    Make sure that you have handler mappings for  rss and  rss.ashx. You could map the rss expression to the ISAPI  if the problem still occurs.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  7. Hasan
    Hasan avatar
    6 posts
    20 Jul 2010
    11 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi ivan,
       I checked with IIS settings. it has .rss as recognized extension. ISAPI has .ashx as the recognized extension in IIS6

Could you point me to specific things that i need to check regarding mappings and handlers?

thank you
    -Hasan Mithiborwala
  8. Hasan
    Hasan avatar
    6 posts
    20 Jul 2010
    11 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    i tried to create a new isapi filter and mapped .rss to the c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll.  file shown in the sitefinity tutorial.

it crashes the ii6 server when i add .rss file to this dll. does this dll in iis6 support rss?

thank you
    -Hasan Mithiborwala
  9. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    16 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Hasan,

The reference should be added to "Telerik.Rss.RssHttpHandler. By default you should have these mappings in your web.config. We are not able to reproduce problem with Rss as you can see from the attached video. You can also give a try to our demo website

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
Register for webinar
9 posts, 0 answered