8 posts, 0 answered
  1. Pankaj
    Pankaj avatar
    39 posts
    27 Sep 2010
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post

Hi,

I installed Sitefinity 3.7 trial on discountasp.net sharedhosting environment.
    I successfuly attached the database.
    Created application and can see admin login screen.
    I see data in user/roles related tables correctly.
    I followed all the steps as mention in this userful article
    http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/sitefinity-3-x/discount-asp-net-hosting-provider.aspx

But when i try to login it say 'Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.'.
    This is the same versiont that works fine in my local machine.

Please suggest. 

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Pankaj,

You are not using the correct database. It is possible that during the attachment your database has been renamed. Please check the SQL server instance and all available databases there and use the correct  one.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Pankaj
    Pankaj avatar
    39 posts
    27 Sep 2010
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Is there any other web.config used then the one thats in the root of the website.
    As i am sure i am using the correct connection string in that config file.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Pankaj,

There is no other connection string where you can set your database instance than the web.config file placed in the root. If you cannot authenticate yourslelf on the production, but you can on your local host, there problem is in the datatabase or some IIS configuration which is not directly managed by Sitefinity.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Pankaj
    Pankaj avatar
    39 posts
    27 Sep 2010
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    I as well as discountaspnet checked and verified the dbconnection and found no issue.
    I will appreciate if you can tell me exactly what setting needed in IIS.

Fyi: i am able to see the login screen and well as site under construction screen.
  6. Pankaj
    Pankaj avatar
    39 posts
    27 Sep 2010
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I found one issue with uploading the blank mdf that was there on the server with the name sitefinity.mdf. I updated that with the db i had in my local machine.
    I can see the front end website showing up fine as it used to in my local machine.

Sitefinity/admin shows the login screen fine but when i enter userid password it just refreshes that page and does nothing and again keeps me on the login screen.
    Now i am able to understand that its not the db connection issue. Its some setting thats causing that problem.
    Any help will be appreciated.

7. Pankaj
    Pankaj avatar
    39 posts
    27 Sep 2010
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Issue resolved.
    It was the wrong return url cached in my system causing that problem.
    Thanks.
  8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    16 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Pankaj,

If you are running IIS 7 or higher version you could try adding runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests in the web.config.

system.webServer/ modules

<system.webServer>

<modulesrunAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">

If it fails, recycle the website and also restart on DiscountASP.net.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
Register for webinar
8 posts, 0 answered