+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / 404 for page in http://localhost/Sitefinity/Admin/Pages.aspx

404 for page in http://localhost/Sitefinity/Admin/Pages.aspx

12 posts, 0 answered
  1. Chris
    Chris avatar
    10 posts
    30 Apr 2008
    08 May 2008
    Link to this post
    I am getting the following error when trying to select a page to edit

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

To clarify it isn't the whole page, just the frame where the page is (ie I get the rest of the SF interface around it)

This is only happenign locally not on a development server.

I guess I have missed a configuration in iis somewhere - I just can't work out where.

Vista iis 7

I've checked the .template and .rss mappings...

Any help appreciated

2. Joel
    Joel avatar
    29 posts
    13 Feb 2008
    08 May 2008
    Link to this post
    Interestingly enough, I ran into the same issue today. However, my problem is occurring both locally and on the development server. I was able to get around this locally by running my application through cassini by opening the project through the file system instead of running localhost, however the dev server is still having this problem.

I would also be interested in knowing why this is, what might have happened and how to resolve this. It seems as though the application is looking for a specific path of some type? Any help would be appreciated.
  3. Joel
    Joel avatar
    29 posts
    13 Feb 2008
  4. Rebecca
    Rebecca avatar
    536 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    09 May 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Chris,

Please make sure the ISAPI mappings for .template and .rss extensions are set as described in the attached document.

To avoid the 404 error with the Images&Documents module, add mappings for .sflb and .tmb as well.
    Register the ContentHttpHandler handler for these extensions in the application web.config file like this:

<httpHandlers> 
      <add verb="GET" path="*.sflb" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine" /> 
      <add verb="GET" path="*.tmb" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine" /> 
    </httpHandlers> 

Do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Rebecca
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  5. SelAromDotNet
    SelAromDotNet avatar
    912 posts
    18 Jul 2012
    09 May 2008
    Link to this post
    just fyi sometimes I get this error if a UserControl embedded in the page has a syntax error. Instead of giving me the error I get a 404 instead. This isn't a for-sure solution but it's something to check. if you get the error try building the page of the user control and make sure it compiles at least that way you know it's not your code causing the problem :)
  6. Joel
    Joel avatar
    29 posts
    13 Feb 2008
    12 May 2008
    Link to this post
    Rebecca,

Is your recommended host DiscountASP.Net able to handle these mappings? Have you confirmed with them that this is something that will not be an issue with their clients using Sitefinity?
  7. Joel
    Joel avatar
    29 posts
    13 Feb 2008
    13 May 2008
    Link to this post
    I followed up with DiscountASP and they did in fact add the requested mappings even though you can not directly do this yourself ~ you will have to e-mail support.
  8. Kalina
    Kalina avatar
    176 posts
    27 Oct 2016
    13 May 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Joel,

Sorry for not being able to reply earlier.
    Yes, Discount ASP.NET apply the necessary settings for .template, .rss, .tmb, and .sflb extensions upon request. This is not a service they offer by default and you need to request it over and email as you've already found out. We should probably add a note about this in this KB article:
    Discount ASP.NET Hosting Provider

In case they have any other questions, feel free to refer them to support@telerik.com. We will work with them to set up the environment.

Regards,
    Kalina
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  9. sam
    sam avatar
    102 posts
    31 Jan 2008
    27 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Is this still an issue with SF 3.6 SP2?

I have a site hosted externally. Do I still need this mappings in IIS7? I thought the web.config takes care of this now?

See my post:

http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/sitefinity-3-x/bugs-issues/getting-404.aspx
  10. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    27 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi sam,

You should not do any mappings now, since we are using the standard ASHX handlers since Sitefinity 3.5. They are predefined for all IIS versions.

All the best,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  11. sam
    sam avatar
    102 posts
    31 Jan 2008
    28 Jul 2009
    Link to this post

Hey Georgi,

Could you do me a huge favour and have a look at my thread to see where I am going wrong..

As I need to determine if I need to switch hosting or not..

http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/sitefinity-3-x/bugs-issues/getting-404.aspx

Thanks alot!

12. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    28 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi sam,

Sam, I will answer you in the forum you have pointed out.

All the best,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Register for webinar
12 posts, 0 answered