"(403) Forbidden" message when clicking on Newsletters

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Richard
    Richard avatar
    77 posts
    24 Oct 2007
    24 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    I created a new site and copied it to the live production server.
    I've provided Network Service permissions to Read, Write etc (but not full control).

All modules are fine except for Newsletter as I get the below message when Custom Errors mode=Off:
    Anyone have any idea?

Server Error in '/' Application.

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.]
       System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +5314029
       Telerik.WebServices.DynamicProxy.WsdlHelper.GetWsdlFromUri(String uri, Cookie authCookie) +121
       Telerik.WebServices.DynamicProxy.WsdlHelper.GetWsdl(String source, Cookie authCoocke) +75
       Telerik.WebServices.DynamicProxy.WebServiceDynamicProxy.BuildProxy() +33
       Telerik.WebServices.DynamicProxy.WebServiceDynamicProxy..ctor(String wsdlLocation, Cookie authCookie) +146
       Telerik.Notifications.Services.MailingServiceProxy..ctor(String wsdlUri) +312
       Telerik.Notifications.Newsletters.WebControl.Admin.ControlPanel.CreateChildControls() +139
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    24 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Richard Leung,

I've provided Network Service permissions to Read, Write etc (but not full control).

Have you provided these permissions over the web service Sitefinity/Admin/Services\MailingWebService.asmx ? Try deleting the dll under ~/Sitefinity/ServiceAssemblies folder because it contains old references.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Richard
    Richard avatar
    77 posts
    24 Oct 2007
    24 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the quick reply.  I have provided Network Service permissions on the root folder i.e. the entire website folder.

ServiceAssemblies contains nothing except Info.txt

Anymore ideas or should I just restart from scratch? :(
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    26 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Richard Leung,

Which is the exact version that you use? 

It seems there is a problem with the generation of the dynamic assembly on your side. We will send you the assembly, once you let us know about your version. You can check it by following this KB Article: http://www.sitefinity.com/support/kb/sitefinity-3-x/how-to-check-your-current-sitefinity-version.aspx

Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  5. Richard
    Richard avatar
    77 posts
    24 Oct 2007
    26 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Thanks. I've deleted the project and restarted.  The problem seems to have gone.  Must have been how I moved the folders somehow.

6. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    26 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Richard Leung,

Thanks for your quick feedback.

We are closing the thread then, but feel free to open it at anytime if you need further help. 

Regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered