+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / URL Rewriting

URL Rewriting

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. bnye
    bnye avatar
    332 posts
    Registered:
    22 Sep 2005
    03 Nov 2007
    Link to this post
    Are there any issues with url rewriting in 3.1 pre service pack. I'm getting a resource not found on a pretty basic test.

    In the config sections area:
    <section name="urlrewrites" type="Telerik.Cms.Web.AdvancedUrlRewriter, Telerik.Cms"/>
    And the test rule:
    <urlrewrites>
    <!--
    Add your rule elements here -->
    <rule>
    <
    url>/products/(.*)\.aspx</url>
    <
    rewrite>/products/productList.aspx?category=$1</rewrite>
    </
    rule>

    </
    urlrewrites>

    Sincerely,

    Ben
  2. Vlad
    Vlad avatar
    498 posts
    Registered:
    15 Jul 2016
    06 Nov 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi Ben,

    Could you please specify what is the exact problem? We made a quick test of this functionality in Sitefinity v3.1 SP1 and didn't experience any issues.

    Probably you have already read it, but have a look at the this forum. Make sure that you have replaced the default HttpModule in the web.config:


    Replace the default CmsHttpModule with CmsHttpModuleUrlRewrite (shipped with Sitefinity).

    Change these lines:

    <httpModules>
     <add name="Cms" type="Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsHttpModule, Telerik.Cms"/>
    </httpModules>

    With:

    <httpModules>
     <add name="Cms" type="Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsHttpModuleUrlRewrite, Telerik.Cms"/>
    </httpModules>
    '

    Please let us know how it goes.

    All the best,
    Vlad

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. bnye
    bnye avatar
    332 posts
    Registered:
    22 Sep 2005
    07 Nov 2007
    Link to this post
    Yeah...about that...I may have missed that step. PEBCAK error.

    It works like a champ. Thank you for the response.

    Sincerely,

    Ben

  4. SelAromDotNet
    SelAromDotNet avatar
    912 posts
    Registered:
    18 Jul 2012
    21 May 2008
    Link to this post
    oops I replied to another thread asking this question before I realized it was in the retired forums, so I'm reposting here. I hope that's alright:

    how do I acheive the reverse of url rewriting? I am using the category list and it is showing a list of categories for generic content, but the links are coming out with querystrings instead of being rewritten. how do I get them to rewrite the urls to use the category name instead of the querystring id?

    thanks
  5. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    22 May 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello SelArom,

    In versions 3.2SP1 or below, it is not possible to get the URLs rewritten so they use the category name instead the querystring id. The good news is that we implemented this feature in the upcoming SP2.

    Kind regards,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  6. SelAromDotNet
    SelAromDotNet avatar
    912 posts
    Registered:
    18 Jul 2012
    02 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    I noticed that the categories linked in the content view (such as the updated news module) still use the guids instead of being rewritten. did this feature not make it into the sp2 after all?
  7. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    04 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi SelArom,

    This feature is implemented in SP2. In order to have your category name appear in the query string instead of the category guid, you have to set CategoryKeyType property of the Categories List,as well as Blog Posts controls, to Name. Initially the value is ID.
    For the Categories List, the property is located in the Behavior section, while for the Blog Posts - Advanced -> QueryStings.

    Sincerely yours,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Register for webinar
7 posts, 0 answered