If i correctly understand your scenario you have two approaches:
1) Using Categories filter
- Add a custom filed
- Category to the content type you need to list
- Set one or more category the your content items
- When drag the List widget of your content type select the Category/ies you need to filter (screenshot
2) Another option is to Create a new dedicated content type with related data your content type (Featured Items).
- Create a new Dynamic content type (ex: StoreFeaturedItems) with one related data filed of your content type (Featured Items)
- Set Display selected items on the frontend using...
to Dynamic Widget
In that case you can create separate Item of the new Store type that will contains the list of related items you want to display on the frontend. Than you just need to choose that new StoreFeaturedItems item on the Page and it will list the related Featured Items.
I hope the information above was useful.
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal
and vote to affect the priority of the items