If you have implemented you custom news providers properly, when a new item is created in one of the websites, it should appear in the others. Can you verify that you performed the same steps as listed below to be sure that you aren't missing something:
1. Navigate to Administration
- > Providers
2. Create a new provider with the same fields as the OpenAccessDataProvider, but with a different Title.
3. Next step is to create a new connection string, which will point to the database of the other project (the subdomain project).
4. Go to Data
- > Connection Strings
-> Create New
5. The fields of the custom connection string should be filled the same way as the fields of the initial connection string (Sitefinity). The only difference will be the initial catalog
property of the ConnectionString field. In it you should specify the name of the database, used by the other project.
6. Go back to Providers
and the newly created custom blogs provider. The last thing that has to be done is to add two parameters to the custom provider.
7. The first parameter is applicationName
and is completely identical to the applicationName
parameter of the OpenAccessDataProvider.
8. The second parameter is connectionString
, where we specify the connection string, which will be used by our custom provider. That's how its properties should be filled out:
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items