Can´t extend PollItemEdit

4 posts, 1 answered
  1. Augusto Radtke
    Augusto Radtke avatar
    24 posts
    16 Apr 2010
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello, I´m trying to extend the PollItemEdit control to add an expires field on the admin site, so far I tried to do that:

public class PollItemEdit: Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemEdit <Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemsView>

And the following on ControlsConfig:

<viewSettings hostType="Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemEdit`1[[Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemsView, Telerik.Polls]]" layoutTemplatePath="~/Sitefinity/Admin/ControlTemplates/Polls/PollItemEdit.ascx">
        <views>
          <remove name="PollItemEdit`1"/>
          <add name="PollItemEdit`1" viewType="QUAY.Sitefinity.Poll.Admin.PollItemEdit, QUAY.Sitefinity.Poll"></add>
        </views>
      </viewSettings>

But I´m getting the following error no the admin:

Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemEdit`1[Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemsView]' to type 'Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemsView'.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? This method works fine for other parts of the admin, like the library but isn´t working as expected for the Poll module.
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    16 Jun 2017
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Augusto Radtke,

The host type is "Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemsView"

<viewSettings  hostType="Telerik.Polls.WebControls.Admin.PollItemsView">
          <views>
            <remove name="PollItemEdit`1"/>
            <add name="PollItemEdit`1" viewType=".........."></add>
          </views>
        </viewSettings>

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
    Answered
  3. Augusto Radtke
    Augusto Radtke avatar
    24 posts
    16 Apr 2010
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Thank you Ivan, but not all the templates changed, and I can´t even list the polls anymore, there is any hostType that is more selective about that?
  4. Augusto Radtke
    Augusto Radtke avatar
    24 posts
    16 Apr 2010
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Actually, I made it work, forgot about removing the layoutTemplatePath that was on <viewSettings>
Register for webinar
4 posts, 1 answered