15 Jan 2007
07 Oct 2008
Link to this post
We had the same issue and came up with a workaround. Not sure if there's a better solution, but this works for us.
Forums Admin Page
1) Create a forums list admin page.
2) Drag the Forums control onto the page.
3) Click Edit and set the SingleForumPage property to the current page. This is important as it will allow us to get the GUID for the specific forum.
4) Publish and view the live page and click on the forum title. You'll noticed a query string that looks like:
5) Copy and past this from your address bar, as you'll use this to show you're single forum
6) Make sure to secure this page so only admins can view it, deny anonymous, etc
Single Forum Page
1) Create a page In the section of the site you'd like to have a single forum. Drag all of the single forum controls onto the page (SingleForum, SIngleThread and EditPost).
2) Edit each and set the misc properties (AllForumsPage, SingleForumPage, EditPostPage, etc) to your current single forum page.
3) Publish the page and view live. Nothing will appear, but when you add the query string you copied above it will show only that forum.
If you want to add the forum to the left menu you can create a redirect to the single forum page with the query string. Otherwise you can just use the link (+ query string) wherever you'd like. Not sexy, but it works!
Any questions, let me know.