09 Jan 2005
18 Jul 2012
Link to this post
Definitely on 5.1 - but I applied the hotfix, and it seems to me that it might be the culprit.
I had installed the 5.1 upgrade, and got the "Optimising - may take 2 weeks to complete" message first time I logged onto the back-end.
However, I hadn't done any exploring when I saw the post about the hotfix, and assumed that must be pretty important to be issued so soon... so I downloaded and applied.
The instructions were to restore the database to pre-5.1 (in my case 5.0.2800.0) and then apply the 5.1hotfix - although all the project files produced by the project manager seem identical other than version.
However, although the project files are all updated to 5.1.3210.0 - I didn't get the message about needing to optimise the database, so I'm unsure if the DB has been processed, or if I now have a screwy install with a 5.1 project and a 5.0 database.
This is all looking very messy now, and I *REALLY* don't want to have to roll back everything to pre-5.1 update and start all over again, because it will involve a bunch of grief with custom assemblies that I've already updated to 5.1