I ran into some troubles installing it first. Not sure if this post will help any but who knows. For me there a simply to many steps in Teleriks answers.
Quote from my ticket
- ProjectManger create Site
- Upload site to server
- acces site get startup
- enter mysql credentials (mySQL DB was created prior to this all)
- Seems to work fine so far
- Enter admin, name, password.
- Will create .... this might take some time
- Error . User cicatrix (user of my mySQL db) has more than 'masx_user_connections' http://www.sitefinity.com/ClientsFiles/282425_sf-mysql-1.png
What the heck
Use back button of browser (IE 8 on windows xp pro sp3)
- back to credentials page, lets try it again - sometimes that helps
- Infinite Loop -> The System is restarting.... Please wait a view seconds. You will be redirected automatically.
>>> uploading the web.config ended the loop
Anserwer from Telerik
I would like to suggest you a different approach to deploy the MySQL powered website in IIS. I am not sure if it will suit your needs, but you will not encounter set up error.
The error you get ( max_user_connections ) is because the current user has not enough permissions for database connections. As you said you managed to fix that with the reupload of web.config. To be able to set Max Connections for your MySQL user you have to assign it that permission. There is a helpful tool for the purpose MySQL workbench. After installing it you will review your database in the left column and the right column you can manage users( LocalMySQL55). under the security tab ->Users and Priviliges (select user) -> Account Limits -> Max Connections.
My recommended approach to deploying Sitefinity in this case is:
1. Create your project in project manager and select MySQL( open MySQL workbench Under the left column click New Connection which will create a database. Create a user with enough privileges as mentioned above and enter the credential in the Database Connection properties required by Sitefinity)as a database create Sitefinity user and enter the backend.( this is all done locally on your development machine)
2. The Sitefinity project is already functional all tables are created the connection string is in Data.config.
Copy the project folder (ex. MyMySQL project) to some location on the server disc ( C:/MyPorject ).
3. Create a new website in IIS and select root folder C:/MyPorject
4. Go to Application Pools select the pool used by your project and Basic Settings for this Application pool.
5. Edit the Advanced settings for the Application pool and change Identity: Network Service.
- .Net Framework Version: 4.0.30319
- Manage Pipeline Mode: Integrated
6. Click on the Sitefinity folder in the root of your project and select Browse:(port number)(http).
You will be directed to your backend. The looping System is restarting message should not appear.
I hope this will help you have a successful deployment. Inform me of your progress or if this method is not working for your scenario. I will be glad to assist you further.