5 posts, 0 answered
  1. Atta
    Atta avatar
    7 posts
    20 Dec 2010
    08 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    i installed SF 4.0 SP 2 on my shared hosting server ,
    home page displays oki , After login to Administrator side.. Dashborad is oki as well,
    but Clicking "Pages" gives following error

""NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://epnet.rt-projects.com/Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc/?managerType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager&providerName=&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode&hierarchyMode=true&sortExpression=Title%20ASC"
    "

help please...

Regards,
    Atta 
  2. Victor Velev
    Victor Velev avatar
    1345 posts
    06 Jul 2015
    11 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Atta,

The website is throwing 404 errors for calls to the WCF services. This would indicate that the handler mappings for the services are not applied properly. Please make sure that you have the SVC and XAMLX mappings as in the attached image if you have access to your IIS setup. If you are using shared hosting please consult our deployment guide and also our hosting partners page which provide best hosting experience with Sitefinity. Can you tell me if you experience the error when you set up your project locally and use VS or the Project Manager to host it?

Kind regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Oliver
    Oliver  avatar
    4 posts
    05 Oct 2012
    16 Jan 2015
    Link to this post

Victor, 

I have the same problem as well in my test environment.  I currently have 3 Sitefinity projects running on there and all of a sudden I cannot access any editing.  This is the error I receive from Fiddler.

404 Error

URL: http://trwdtest/Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc/?managerType=&providerName=&itemType=Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode&hierarchyMode=true&provider=

I have both the SVC and XAMLX mappings you have mentioned. 

4. Xian
    Xian avatar
    18 posts
    03 Oct 2014
    16 Jan 2015 in reply to Oliver
    Link to this post

Here's a PowerShell script I wrote to map the handlers for you:

# Set this to the web app path
    $appNamePath = "IIS:\Sites\Default Web Site\"

Write-Host ("Installing IIS Mapping Handlers.")
      $exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.svc" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
      if( !$exists ) {
        New-WebHandler -Name "*.svc" -Path *.svc -Verb '*' -PSPath $appNamePath -Type "System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
       }

$exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.svc (script)" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
      if( !$exists ) {
        New-WebHandler -Name "*.svc (script)" -Path *.svc -Verb '*' -Modules IsapiModule -PSPath $appNamePath -ScriptProcessor "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" -ResourceType "unspecified" -preCondition "classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32"
      }

$exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.xamlx" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
      if( !$exists ) {
        New-WebHandler -Name "*.xamlx" -Path *.xamlx -Verb '*' -PSPath $appNamePath -Type "System.Xaml.Hosting.XamlHttpHandlerFactory, System.Xaml.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
      }

$exists = Get-WebHandler -name "*.xamlx (script)" -PSPath $appNamePath -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
      if( !$exists ) {
        New-WebHandler -Name "*.xamlx (script)" -Path *.xamlx -Verb '*' -Modules IsapiModule -PSPath $appNamePath -ScriptProcessor "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" -ResourceType "unspecified" -preCondition "classicMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness32"
      }

5. Vladimir
    Vladimir avatar
    13 posts
    30 Apr 2015
    08 Dec 2015
    Link to this post

Just in case it could help someone. I had this issue on one of my servers.

Make sure WCF is fully installed in "Windows programs and features. -> .NET 3.5 -> WCF".

5 posts, 0 answered