Is the upgrade method for getting from 3 to 4 still in development. I have just tried the upgrade tool at http://sitefinitymigration.codeplex.com
and had no real luck. Some issues where:
- The instructions don't quite match up against sf 4.1 (modules seems to different to the instructions but after some luck I figured it out)
- Some references that had to be relinked int 4.1 migration side had no apparent appropriate dll in sf 4.1
- I did get both sides working but the final running of the migration script never ended with the little "processing" circle never going away...
My pariticular situation involves:
- custom master pages and themes
- a number of custom modules with custom content
- custom web controls.
Is there a rough idea of when the production release of the migration tool will be released? Will the final tool be a native part of the SF 4?