- Container for the front-end themes, templates, widget templates and JS files (.master, .css, images, .ascx, .js etc.)
- Define place holders for the content.
- To get overall idea of the website template's file structure please read the following documentation: http://docs.sitefinity.com/website-templates-file-structure
- Define the layout/template and Web framework/page mode.
- layout/place holders can be derived from the .master file of the website template or can be based on other templates or can be created by using Sitefinity Layout editor.
- Built in layout elements can be placed on the place holder to define the properties of the place holder (e.g. Sizes, Spaces, CssClass)
- Contents (Navigation, Content block, Image etc.) can be placed on the page template with/without defining the layout elements.
- To get overview on the page template please read the following documentation: http://docs.sitefinity.com/overview-page-templates
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal
and vote to affect the priority of the items