+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / General Discussions / Compatibility with MS Web Server 2008?

Compatibility with MS Web Server 2008?

5 posts, 1 answered
  1. Bob Boyd
    Bob Boyd avatar
    3 posts
    30 Jun 2009
    18 Sep 2009
    Link to this post
    In an effort to save a couple of bucks (always a goal these days), can we install and deploy Sitefinity 3.6x or higher on Microsoft's Web Server 2008? The requirements page does not specifically mention it can be used and I can't find any references in the forum. I would be using SQL Server 2008 but on a different server.

Thanks!
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    18 Sep 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Bob Boyd,

Sitefinity supports Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008. The installation process is the as it is for the other platforms. You can gather more information at http://www.sitefinity.com/support/installation-guide.aspx

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. Bob Boyd
    Bob Boyd avatar
    3 posts
    30 Jun 2009
    18 Sep 2009
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the quick response, Ivan.

I did see that information but I am a little confused as Server 2008 comes in several versions such as Small Business, Standard, Datacenter and Enterprise, in addition to Web. Microsoft also has a Web version of SQL Sever 2008. If I can get a confirmation that Sitefinity will work on that combination specifically, it would save my company a significant amount on the purchase.

Could you confirm that the specific combination of Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit x64 Web and SQL Server 2008 Web (64-bit) x64 will run Sitefinity Standard Edition 3.6x?

Thanks again!
  4. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    23 Sep 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Bob Boyd,

Could you confirm that the specific combination of Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit x64 Web and SQL Server 2008 Web (64-bit) x64 will run Sitefinity Standard Edition 3.6x?

Yes, we confirm that Sitefinity will run fine in this environment. All we require is IIS5,6 or 7 (Windows 2008 comes with IIS 7) and SQL Server. The server should have Asp.Net installed. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
    Answered
  5. Bob Boyd
    Bob Boyd avatar
    3 posts
    30 Jun 2009
    23 Sep 2009
    Link to this post
    Thank you VERY much!
Register for webinar
5 posts, 1 answered