17 posts, 0 answered
  1. Telerik Admin
    Telerik Admin avatar
    188 posts
    02 Oct 2004
    12 Jun 2008
    Link to this post

Dear all,
    Sitefinity team is happy to announce the release of Sitefinity SP2 Hotfix.

Fixes in ContentView Based Controls
    -  Comments are not displayed when the Comments option in Blog Posts control is selected
    Strip these HTML tags only option in Events View and Blog Post controls
    Blog Posts control settings are not saved
    Social Bookmarks are displayed even when disabled in Events View control
    Create a blog and Browse links at the Basic tab of Blog Posts control
    -  Changes to Label fields are not saved if the display option of the Events View control is not set
    News Archive control URL rewrite problems when persistenceMode is set to QueryString
    Added “Thumbnail”, “Summary” and “Source” options for the coresponding metafields for NewsView control

Fixes in Oracle
    -  Uploading of files above 32 KB in the Images and Documents module
    -  Compilation errors when creating an empty project

Other Fixes
    -  Various errors when compiling a project
    -  Key duplicate when adding an URL address to a page which is one level higher
    -  Search PageIndex not excluding fields from indexing
    -  Added URL rewrite format for events in the web.config

-  An option to disable the Link Parser in the web.config file

ContentView Based Controls
    -  The String format fields for the Events View and Blog Posts controls are disabled
    -  Selecting the two options Past items and Future items of the Events View control doesn’t work
    -  The Categories set for the Events View control and Blog Posts controls are not applied properly
    -  Pagination is missing when you filter by categories in News View control
    -  Users cannot post comments for the events item when there are Events View ("List & Page" mode) and Blog Posts ("One per page" mode) controls on the same page
    -  Tags count in all modules does not display the correct number for languages different than the default one

-  In Medium trust the AccessKey property
    -  Newsletters cannot be not sent in Medium trust environment
    -  The Profile link doesn’t work
    -  Images added to the newsletter are not visible in the Subscriber’s email
    -  Documents sent in a newsletter cannot be downloaded in the Subscriber’s email

-  Problems with ranking results
    -  When starting node is an empty Page Group (no child pages), PageIndex indexes the whole site
    -  Editing content for News and Blogs in language different than the default, causes the auto indexing to index the content twice for both languages (default and current)
    -  There are some known issues with special characters and negative searching
    -  BlogIndex doesn’t have validation for empty Blog Page, which results in creating non-valid URL using Blog's Name as a Starting Page

Images and Documents Modules
    The module doesn’t support multiple providers
    - Categories are disabled
    - Only one <sflib:ButtonSelector> control works on a page with more than one instance
    -  In section Administration, clicking on the Upload button and the logout link consecutively results in an exception RadUpload Ajax callback error
    - There is no option to select images from libraries in ImageMapEditor tool for RadEditor
    - Images cannot be selected in the Image control when the Alt Text contains an apostrophe
    - Ampersand (&) in the image name is not escaped
    - The fields for uploading files do not correspond to the max allowed files number
    - The last uploaded file (in a library with set max number of files) forces an error

-  Errors when adding the following controls to a page: News View / Blog Posts /Events View
     -  Sorting by Status in the Newsletters list of the Newsletters module generates an error.

-  Errors appear when building a TIU Demo Site in VS2008

2. TSW
    TSW avatar
    8 posts
    25 Nov 2007
    13 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    Documents in libraries simply cannot be downloaded. All download links are broken.

See my support ticket.
  3. Vangelis
    Vangelis avatar
    153 posts
    07 Jan 2006
    15 Jun 2008
    Link to this post

I have the same problem but in images. In pages that used image gallery nothing is displayed. After remove and re-insert image gallery module on page only title of page is displayed and if you choose preview by title link it never shows. It goes to an endless loop.

I hope this is not serious bug and can be fix asap.

Adrian I have in pages pdf documents library and download link works ok. I haven't face such issue till now. If you can be more specific I can test it on my projects.

Best regards

4. Lyn
    Lyn avatar
    15 posts
    30 Apr 2008
    16 Jun 2008
    Link to this post

unticking the "Thumbnails" checkbox in the "news lists" news view control does not stop the tumbnail from showing.

5. Katia
    Katia avatar
    194 posts
    01 Jul 2016
    16 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Seth,

It looks like the IDs for thumbnail in the public control and in the control editor template do not match. So to fix this problem do the following:

1. Open file ~/Sitefinity/Admin/ControlTemplates/News/Design/NewsViewControlDesigner.ascx, find TargetID="Thumbnail" and replace it with TargetID="ThumbnailHolder" (that should be around line 210).
    2. Open file ~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/News/Modes/ListPageMaster.ascx, find 

asp:PlaceHolder ID="PlaceHolder1" runat="server" Visible='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Thumbnail").Length %>'>

and replace it with 

asp:PlaceHolder ID="ThumbnailHolder" runat="server" Visible='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Thumbnail").Length %>'>

3. After that you might need to delete NewsView control and insert it again to make the show/hide thumbnail checkbox work.

All the best,
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  6. Tim
    Tim avatar
    156 posts
    23 Sep 2007
    16 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    I am having the same problem, all the links to the images are broken. Wondering when you can give us the  fix.

7. Pepi
    Pepi avatar
    981 posts
    20 Oct 2016
    20 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Tim,

We are investigating the problem with the broken links and we will try to provide a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding.

the Telerik team

8. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    42 posts
    15 Mar 2005
    21 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    I was a bit disappointed with the 1616 build, since I'm still having a lot of problems with Sitefinity that make it completely unusable for me in a public solution.

When I make changes to a blog entries properties (such as the length of the preview on the list page), the results are initially saved, but after a certain amount of time (presumably when the app pool recycles), everything is reset back to the defaults (showing the full article in the list page).  Also, I get resource not found errors when I try to access blog entry pages after a certain amount of inactivity on the site.  I am using multiple urls for a page, with a url in the root set as default for the blog page, even though the page is a 'child' of the parent page.  (Ex.: I set the blog page's default url to ~/Blog.aspx, even though it is actually something like ~/Home/Blog.aspx.)  The fact that users see a resource not found page makes sitefinity useless to me in a production environment, along with a lot of other small errors.

I want to use Sitefinity for future projects, since I'm impressed by it's flexibility, but I just can't use something with so many 'known issues' commmercially, particularly if there won't be another SP before version 4.0.  Do you have an idea when some of the listed 'known issues' might be resovled, or will we have to wait until version 4.0 next year?
  9. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    10 Oct 2016
    23 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Kevin,

Shortly after we released the hotfix, we found out that there's a problem with the ContentView controls and to be more precise - their control configurators. The settings are saved, but are not applied on application start.

The solution to this problem is to add the highligted lines in the global.asax file, located in your project's root directory:

void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)   
        // Code that runs on application startup  
        Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.Design.Settings.ContentSetting dummyContrnt = new Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.Design.Settings.ContentSetting();  
        Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.Design.Settings.TextSetting dummyText = new Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.Design.Settings.TextSetting();  

For the issue you have with Blogs, we suggest you open a new support ticket, with some more information about your page structure and Blog pages, so we can replicate this behavior.

We will assist in the best way we can for any issue you have. We don't have an estimate for our next release, but we are already working on the most critical issues.

We would like to thank you for your loyalty and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

the Telerik team

10. TSW
    TSW avatar
    8 posts
    25 Nov 2007
    26 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    People make mistakes, Kevin....
  11. Brook
    Brook avatar
    39 posts
    21 Mar 2007
    28 Jun 2008
    Link to this post

Are there any other 'fixes' we need to implement into the hotfix release?  I downloaded the hotfix version thinking any update would be in it.  It is very hard trying to search through the forums trying to find the band aids for recently found issues, can you perhaps create a list with links that guides us to any updates we should or can make e.g.

Post Build XXXX:
    1) Save Control Settings Link
    2) ETC....

I know management doesn't like to show flaws, but hiding them and us finding them is more aggravating.  Plus would hopefully reduce time your team spends answering the same questions over and over again.

Just thoughts, love your support and the product.

12. Kalina
    Kalina avatar
    176 posts
    27 Oct 2016
    30 Jun 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Brook,

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Providing a list with issues and workarounds will be very helpful to all users of Sitefinity.

We will discuss internally what would be the best way to organize that and will get back to you with a follow up in this forum.

Thanks again!

Kalina Maneva
    Sitefinity Unit Manager

13. sam
    sam avatar
    102 posts
    31 Jan 2008
    02 Jul 2008
    Link to this post
    Is this patch worth running? As there seems to be so many issues with it at the moment..
  14. Kalina
    Kalina avatar
    176 posts
    27 Oct 2016
    03 Jul 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Sam,

We are working to provide fixes for the reported problems. They will be included in the next release due by the end of the year.

In the meantime, you can install the hotfix and apply the workarounds described in this forum as well as in our Knowledge Base section.

We apologize for the caused inconvenience.

the Telerik team

15. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    42 posts
    15 Mar 2005
    03 Jul 2008
    Link to this post
    Chris, 6/26/2008 2:02:08 AM
    People make mistakes, Kevin....

??? Not sure I get your point (other than to simply be sarcastic, in reference to an earlier poster who was clearly quite rude IMO).  Anyone who works in software development can understand that mistakes often happen, no problems there.  Telerik has been one of the best companies I've worked with in terms of support when we have had issues, and Sitefinity has been no exception.  I renew my license every year for a reason.  I'm confident they'll get thing right, and likely quickly than I expected ... they were quick enough to provide a work around, as always.  My inquiry was simply to state the problems I'm still noticing, and asking when the next hotfix would be out since there were a lot of remaining issues from the last one, and I won't be able to use 3.2 commercially with the existing problems.  I will have to hold off until I am sure 3.2 is more fully dependable on core modules like Blog entries, etc.

Anyway ... I assume your point in replying is just to be sarcastic (though I'm a bit curious why it was worth your time)... and hey, to each their own.  If somehow the (always hard working) support staff at Telerik was offended (which I doubt), my apologies to them ... support is a hard enough job without having to deal with the kind of abusive, loud mouthed people that seem to flock to IT and on the Internet in general (relative anonymity has it's drawbacks).

Thanks, as always, Telerik for the hard work, quick responses, and top notch support you offer, as well as the innovative products you continue to push out the door!
  16. J
    J avatar
    20 posts
    05 Feb 2008
    24 Aug 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi Guys - I want to upgrade to HF 1616 but it looks like there are manual changes that need to be made after upgrading. Are you planning on making a version available that takes care of the manual changes?
  17. Vlad
    Vlad avatar
    498 posts
    15 Jul 2016
    25 Aug 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello J,

We have plans to improve the upgrading process, but we are not sure that we could completely remove the manual work after the upgrade. There are always some changes that require human intervention. We will try to make them as minimal as possible, hopefully zero.

the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Register for webinar
17 posts, 0 answered