4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Michael
    Michael avatar
    15 posts
    11 Jul 2005
    10 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi all,

Anybody tried to get Sitefinity 3.7 SP1 blank project to run in Visual Studio 2010 beta 2? I get these errors:
    Error   1   The server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel' is ambiguous. Please modify the associated registration that is causing ambiguity and pick a new tag prefix.   D:\Sitefinity37SP1_VS2010\Sitefinity\Admin\ControlTemplates\Notifications\NewsletterContent.ascx    2    
    Error   2   The server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel' is ambiguous. Please modify the associated registration that is causing ambiguity and pick a new tag prefix.   D:\Sitefinity37SP1_VS2010\Sitefinity\Admin\ControlTemplates\Notifications\NewsletterContent.ascx    2    
    Error   3   The server tag 'asp:Timer' is ambiguous. Please modify the associated registration that is causing ambiguity and pick a new tag prefix. D:\Sitefinity37SP1_VS2010\Sitefinity\Admin\ControlTemplates\Notifications\NewsletterContent.ascx    2    
    Error   4   The server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel' is ambiguous. Please modify the associated registration that is causing ambiguity and pick a new tag prefix.   D:\Sitefinity37SP1_VS2010\Sitefinity\Admin\ControlTemplates\Notifications\NewsletterSendingProgress.ascx    1    
    Error   5   The server tag 'asp:Timer' is ambiguous. Please modify the associated registration that is causing ambiguity and pick a new tag prefix. D:\Sitefinity37SP1_VS2010\Sitefinity\Admin\ControlTemplates\Notifications\NewsletterSendingProgress.ascx    1    
    Error   16  compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: Project already has a reference to assembly System.Web.Extensions. A second reference to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Web.Extensions.dll' cannot be added. vbc : Fatal      

I did not upgrade the Web site to .NET 4.0. I'm just "playing" around; this is not for project work. Just wondering if others have tried VS 2010.

I also wonder why the version of System.Web.Extensions assembly referenced by NewsletterContent.ascx and NewsletterSendingProgress.ascx is 1.0.61025.0. That seems really old.

By the way, if Telerik has any info about VS 2010 support, that will be welcomed here.

Thanks,
    Michael
  2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    10 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Michael Chan Fong,

Thank you for using our services.

Since VS 2010 is still in beta version we do not officially support it and cannot guarantee that the Sitefinity website will compile in this environment.

This issue appears to be from the references that are to the System.Web.Extensions namespace. This is a namespace from .NET framework 1.0 and if you do not have it installed on the computer will get the error you were getting. Since you have said that you are with .NET 3.5 those registers are unnecessary. We have even excluded those from the control templates and those fixes will be available in the next SP release of Sitefinity 3.7.

so the fix for you will be to remove the following register tags from the files that you are getting the errors in:
    <%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
        Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

Those will be removed in the next SP of Sitefinity.

Sincerely yours,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. bo jackson
    bo jackson avatar
    7 posts
    21 Dec 2009
    30 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    I've been using 2010 without any issues until tonight where I got the same error message. Out of 10 projects on my laptop, I only have 1 where there is a problem.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    30 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello bo jackson,

Try removing the ambiguous reference to System.Web.Extensions from the Newsletters templates. You should have System.Web.Extensions.dll in your bin and the following configuration in the web.config file

<pages>
    <controls>
    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

In your project System.Web.Extensions have been registered twice, once in the aspx source code and once in your web.config file.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered