+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Migrating from 3.x to the latest Sitefinity version / The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

8 posts, 0 answered
  1. Drew Greenwell
    Drew Greenwell avatar
    66 posts
    11 Feb 2010
    08 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Trying to upgrade a pretty basic sitefinity 3.7SP4 site to 4.2 using the migration module.

"Test connection" gives me the following response:
    Connection has been successfully established
    Selecting any of the modules in the list and choosing "Check items count" I receive:

The attached screenshot shows what I receive when I choose Begin Migration.

Is this a known issue? If so, what is the quickest path to resolution for this issue? If it's a new issue, what do I need to do to troubleshoot further and expedite this migration? Browsing the site works fine..

The migration log is filled with this.. the error log is empty
    ----------------------------------------
    Timestamp: 9/8/2011 3:29:52 PM

Timestamp: 9/8/2011 3:32:20 PM

NOTE
    : I have tried this with the host server built into the project manager and Cassini as well

Thanks
  2. Drew Greenwell
    Drew Greenwell avatar
    66 posts
    11 Feb 2010
    08 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    This issue appears to be related to having the 3.7 site hosted on a port differing from port 80. Swapping directly to localhost let me run the migration tool as expected. Nothing in the front end site works now, but at least the metafields and page links appear to be there and I can start focusing on the code on our end anyway.
  3. Stanislav Velikov
    Stanislav Velikov avatar
    1113 posts
    30 Nov 2016
    13 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Drew,

Concerning the frontend not working: I suppose you receive 301 redirects when trying to browse a page. This is caused by an additional URL added to the page. Try to remove additional url`s from pages and see if it will fix the frontend issue.

Best wishes,
    Stanislav Velikov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  4. Jose Antonio de Alarcon
    Jose Antonio de Alarcon avatar
    10 posts
    29 Jun 2009
    19 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    I have the same error:
    Connection ok
    but if i try check item count
    Error en el servidor remoto: (400) Solicitud incorrecta.

Ver Source: Sitefinity 3.7.2136.240:0
    Ver to: Sitefinity 4.2.1679.0 PE

Please Help!

Regard,
    Jose Antonio

5. Stanislav Velikov
    Stanislav Velikov avatar
    1113 posts
    30 Nov 2016
    19 Sep 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Jose,

Can you try migrating your project with Sitefinity 4.2.1650 which is the officially supported version. The current version that you mention is an internal build and you may have problems upgrading in the future.
    If you experience the same problem from the previous post remove the additional url and check if all is as it should be.

Regards,
    Stanislav Velikov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  6. victor
    victor avatar
    4 posts
    20 Oct 2010
    10 Nov 2011
    Link to this post
    Hey!!
    I'm having the same issue, the weird thing is that I'm working both versions in localhost, but with different port.
    when I test the connection to the 3.7 version is successful, but when I began the migration I had the following error:

Thanks
  7. Stanislav Velikov
    Stanislav Velikov avatar
    1113 posts
    30 Nov 2016
    14 Nov 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Victor,

Can you test the migrating on localhost(both projects running from Visual Studio) or share with me how are sitefintiy 3 and 4 project set up in IIS? Are there full permissions granted over all folders in both projects? Additionally you may observe the migration procedure at this webinar.

All the best,
    Stanislav Velikov
    the Telerik team
  8. Jose Antonio de Alarcon
    Jose Antonio de Alarcon avatar
    10 posts
    29 Jun 2009
    01 Dec 2011
    Link to this post
    Thanks a lot , issue resolved  sitefintiy 3 need to run under IIS in local

Regards Jose A
8 posts, 0 answered