3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Dan
    Dan avatar
    28 posts
    16 Jun 2010
    18 Jun 2010
    Link to this post
    hello,

I just installed sitefinity 3.7 on an XP Pro virtual machine and am having issues configuring a test site I created.  I am getting the following error on the cmsstartup.aspx page (Windows authentication is checked on this page) :

Parser Error Message: CREATE TABLE permission denied in database 'MySite'.
    Source Error:
    Line 108:        <clear />
    Line 109:        <add connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" applicationName="/"
    Line 110:          name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikRoleProvider, Telerik.DataAccess" />
    Line 111:      </providers>
    Line 112:    </roleManager>

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\MySite\web.config    Line: 110

In IIS, MySite is configured for Anonymous access and the user is the Built-in account for anonymous access to Internet Information Services.  In SQL Server management studio, I have that same account set up under Security->Logins with the following settings:

Server roles: sysadmin
    user mapping: MySite is checked and the following items are checked under database role membership:

db_datareader
    db_datawriter
    db_owner
    public

what could I be missing?

thanks
    Dan
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    21 Jun 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Dan,

The SQL user you use does not have permissions to create the database.

1. Create a database under your SQL server
    2. Map the ASP.NET user as a db owner to the database you have already created.

Here is a MSDN article that explains how to grant permissions to an user. You could also run the Sitefinity executable as an administrator.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Dan
    Dan avatar
    28 posts
    16 Jun 2010
    22 Jun 2010
    Link to this post
    Got it working.

Ran the install as an admin, kept the default settings in IIS 5.1 on XP Pro and made the ASPNET user in SQL Server owner over the database created for the website.

thanks
    Dan
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered