Ivan, thank you for that suggestion. I created a new sample site so I could get back in and start fresh. With the changes I have made, I am now able to see more than I could before. Here's my current breakdown:
- I have a Windows Active Directory group called PortalAdmins with one user in it (mbuchsbaum)
- When I look at the User list in Sitefinity, under the Sitefinity ActiveDirectory provider, I can see every user in the Windows Active Directory
- Under the Users by Role link I see the one user, mbuchsbaum, who is in that Windows Active Directory group
- In Permissions, the Sitefinity Provider has roles Administrator and Everyone - both have CMS Access Allow checked
- In Permissions, the ActiveDirectory Provicer has roles PortalAdmins and Everyone - both have CMS Access Allow checked
The only user account able to login to Sitefinity however is the local Sitefinity user Admin. None of the Windows accounts, including the mbuchsbaum user are able to login. So it seems somewhere Sitefinity is now not looking to the Windows Active Directory for authentication. Can you tell me which membership or security section of the config file to check?
Thanks for your help,