09 Dec 2009
18 Mar 2011
Link to this post
We are using Sitefinity 3.6 SP1
At present we are moving our sitefinity based sites to new server.
Here are the configration of both Server:
Windows Server Web SP2
It has .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.5 SP1 installed.
Windows Web Server 2008 R2 SP1
It has .Net Framework 2.0 & 4.0 installed.
After Creating web site on the new server. We started testing using host file entry with IP address before change the DNS. During this test we got following error while access the site :
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
After some R & D we found that it could be due to following missing component :
MS AJax Extenion 1.0
We believe siteinity uses it internally.
We installed it on the new server but there was no change.
MS .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
We already have .Net 4.0 on new server so we are not sure whether to install .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or not.
Please do let us know what could be the reason for this error and how to fix it.