Allow me to present our current scenario to you. I read Sumner's
response in the following post:
I arrived at this post because we currently have a
Sitefinity 3.7 site and we are in the process of upgrading the site to 4.0 and
ultimately 4.1. What I have done so far is pull down the production database onto my local machine and reproduce our
site here. I am using the Sitefinity Migration Tool and is has worked beautifully up until now. As per my understanding, the
instructions were as follow, pull the 3.7 production site down, install 4.0 on
the local IIS, use the migration tool to migrate the data, upgrade 4.0 to 4.1
and redo any custom coding that did not port over with the migration tool.
Until now the tool has worked beautifully but I did run into an issue. When
installing 4.0 I ran into a problem with the licensing and in order to continue
I had to resort to installing the Community Edition of Sitefinity 4.0. As per
a post that I found, Sitefinity Community Edition is in the process of being discontinued
reasoning being, in part, (which I got from this link: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/general-discussions/community-edition-vs-standard-edition.aspx)
that it doesn’t support Workflow and Localization as opposed to the Standard
Edition which does. Needless to say I have broken references in the 4.0
Migration Solution that I downloaded from Codeplex. The two broken references
that I have are “Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions” and “Telerik.Sitefinity.WorkflowActivities”.
With that said I can’t build the solution and thus continue with the migration.
I’ve arrived at the conclusion that this is solely due to the fact that I am
using the Community Edition on my local testing machine. This will not be a
problem on the production server but we cannot continue until this is
successfully tested on my end. Please enlighten me on the matter and confirm my
hypothesis in regards to our issue and if possible provide a workaround for our
scenario. In case you were to see any other flaws in my logic feel free to
point me in the right direction. Other than that, the Sitefinity Migration Tool
seems to be working beautifully and this issue in itself is more
circumstantial than anything else. Please get back to me at your earliest
convenience and thank you for your time!