Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Set-up & Installation / Windows Server 2003 - IIS v6 Installation problem

Windows Server 2003 - IIS v6 Installation problem

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Ricardo Santos
    Ricardo Santos avatar
    1 posts
    14 Aug 2009
    14 Aug 2009
    Link to this post

I've installed Sitefinity 3.6 on windows server 2003 and after the installation is complete when i try to open the project manager i keep getting the following error: 

Server Error in '/telerik/Sitefinity3.6' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.]
       Telerik.Cms.ProjectManager.Manager..cctor() in c:\BuildScripts\Sitefinity\Builds\Code Base\Project Manager\Telerik.Cms.ProjectManager\Manager.cs:27
    I've tried to install it on windows XP and it worked ok. I've tried to do the manual installation as well as indicated on the installation guide but i always get the same error.

How can i solve this?

2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    14 Aug 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Ricardo Santos,

Thank you for using our services.

The Project Manager that used for creation of projects has to run in a Full Trust mode, otherwise you will not be able to create your projects. Can you please check the .NET Trust Levels of the Sitefinity 3.6 web application in IIS Manager (see attached image). It has to be set on Full trust. Furthermore you can take a look at the Bullet Proof Guide to Installing Sitefinity 3.x for further configurations that you might have to do to the IIS, if you already have not done so.

I hope that the provided information will help you create your project. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely yours,
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the newTelerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tipsfor optimizing your support resource searches.
2 posts, 0 answered