I am able to reproduce the behavior from this thread. In my case, I was creating a custom module using the jobs module to guide my development. In the InstallPages method of my module, I was adding my custom pages for my module. Since, I did not see an exception being thrown and module appeared in the administration section under application modules and also had it's own config section displayed in the advanced admin section, I assumed my module was installed properly. However, when i went to the content menu item to look for my custom module under that menu, it did not appear. So, I would force a web application restart by modifying the web.config, and then the resources exception appeared. This exception would not go away unless I erased my whole sitefinity project and started over or I went to my database to the sf_page_node table and erased the reference, to my custom module, from the database. Actually there were several tables I had to removed references from which are the following
The tables may differ in your specific case. But if you start by trying to erase your reference from the sf_page_node, then your database will tell you the tables you need to have references removed from before it finally lets you remove the record.
In any case, I did not realize an exception was being thrown and I finally happened to get wind of it when I was debugging the app. The exception did not get displayed in the browser, I just realized it when I was stepping through the code. Any time an exception is thrown while Sitefinty is constructing the menu items for your custom module, this error will occur. I guess some required code does not get executed and it leaves the application in an unstable state. When I correct the error, the top menu of my custom module got displayed but when I click on the top menu, the same exception occurred again. Once again, I had an exception being thrown on the construction of my child page. When I corrected the error, everything worked fine. So, there are silent errors that are being thrown and caught somewhere in the application that prevent required code dealing with the custom Resource file of your custom module from being executed. I hope this helps.