In order for you to get intellisense for a control in Sitefinity's assembly or any other assembly, the .ascx file should be in a web project that contains a reference to the control's assembly.
We have added intellisense for the attributes of the widget's content item
and Sitefinity's CSS classes in the default theme
If you need intellisense for any of the controls that are inside Sitefinity's assembly, I would suggest following these steps:
1. Create an empty .ascx file in the project.
2. Open the widget template.
3. Copy the widget template's content to the empty .ascx file.
4. Edit the .ascx file.
5. Copy the content of the .ascx file to the widget template.
6. Save the widget template. This will automatically upload it back to the server.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with the widget templates' intellisense.
All the best,
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items