Hi all, and thanks for the valuable comments!
Please, find my responses below:
@Steve: Yes, these will be like the standard widgets only that those will be applied to Backend pages. Developers will be able to add their custom widgets. Documentation will be provided on that.
@Craig: Customization of the dashboard by users is in the plans but will be done in the next iteration. As of now, admins will be the ones who can customize dashboards. They will be able to add new dashboards and limit access per user role, much like this is done for every Sitefinity page.
1. Notifications for new Sitefinity release will be considered in the next iteration where we will focus on dashboards tailored to different users groups, and Admin dashboard will be part of that.
2.Adding custom widgets will be possible.
3.Yes, filtering by Content Types will be available and Dynamic types fall in that category.
1. Error log notification seems to be a popular request. We will give it a thought.
2. Number of users online – I assume you mean users browsing the public site. Is that right?
3. Ecommerce sales per day/ week – we have this in mind for the next iteration.
4. Quick create –Admin can easily add this by dropping a Content Block to the Dashboard and inserting links to the Create page
5. Marketplace widget - nice idea! Will check how we can make this integration.
On the error log – a possible solution is to display the trace.log file here. However, this file will be different for the two nodes when in NLB scenario. Do you think this is a critical shortcoming of this approach? What details do you expect to see in the error log?
Thanks again, and keep the good ideas coming :)