More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Building site with Sitefinity

Building site with Sitefinity

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Dhaval
    Dhaval avatar
    21 posts
    Registered:
    23 Apr 2012
    24 Apr 2012
    Link to this post

    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

    Source Error:

    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

    Stack Trace:

    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule.InitializePropertiesFromConfiguration(String serviceName) +16
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule.InitializeModule(HttpApplication context) +277
       Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.HttpModuleBase.Init(HttpApplication context) +33
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +166
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +46
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +714
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +283
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +104
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327
    


    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

    Am i missing some libraries or any files...please give me a quick reply
  2. Jen Peleva
    Jen Peleva avatar
    568 posts
    Registered:
    10 Nov 2016
    27 Apr 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi Dhaval,

    Thank you for using our services.

    From the stack trace it seems that  the problem comes from the new Claims authentication mode that we have introduced. Please add the following property to your Security configuration file ( the top declaration line ):

    <securityConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" .... >
    the property is authenticationMode ="Forms".

    Hope this helps.

    Greetings,
    Jen Peleva
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Jason
    Jason avatar
    3 posts
    Registered:
    19 Sep 2011
    27 Apr 2012
    Link to this post
    Having the same issue.
    It's occurring after upgrading and merging the web.config settings. The settings to merge come from the posted upgrade docs.
    I reviewed the security.config and the setting recommended here is already set to forms in our case.
    Few other notes: We Installed the Windows Identity Foundation on our server and also have the Microsoft.IdentityModel.dll in the bin.

    Jason Sobolewski
  4. Jason
    Jason avatar
    3 posts
    Registered:
    19 Sep 2011
    27 Apr 2012
    Link to this post
    I think I found the issue:
    I was using the wrong settings which were suggested in the upgrade docs. You need to keep the 4.4 settings for forms authentication. This is in the web.config under system.webserver.
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
        <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
          <remove name="WebDAVModule" />
          <remove name="UrlRoutingModule" />
          <remove name="ScriptModule" />
          <remove name="RadUploadModule" />
          <remove name="Sitefinity" />
          <remove name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" />
          <remove name="SitefinityAtompubModule" />
          <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
          <add name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity" />
          <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" />
          <add name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution.Module.DependencyRegistrarHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution" />
          <add name="SitefinityAtompubModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityAtompubModule, Telerik.Sitefinity" />
        </modules>
4 posts, 0 answered