More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Versioning.VersionManager' threw an exception.

The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Versioning.VersionManager' threw an exception.

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Ben
    Ben avatar
    35 posts
    Registered:
    24 Jan 2011
    01 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    I'm trying to get a fresh install of sitefinity 4.0 working. Everything appeared to install fine and I can log into the backend fine. When I go to create the first page of the site in the "Pages" area, I click "Create and go to add content" and receive a javascript alert with this error: 

            The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Versioning.VersionManager' threw an exception.

    I click ok on the javascript alert and I try to click the button again. Now the javascript alert says: 

            You cannot save your changes, because a page with such URL already exists. Change the page URL and try again.

    So I click back to the Pages area and my blank stub page was created and is listed there, but with no name. If I check the page and select More actions > publish I received an error that "Workflow rules do not allow to publish: ". If I go to the "Title & properties" of the page I am able to give the page a name (for the second time now) and save that dialog with this time there are no errors. Now that the page has a name, I'm able to click on the page to go into edit mode, but in edit mode if I try to publish from there I get the same error as the first example above about the type initializer throwing an exception.

    Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

    Ben Barreth
  2. Ben
    Ben avatar
    35 posts
    Registered:
    24 Jan 2011
    01 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Never mind. I struggled with this error all day yesterday and this morning as luck would have it I figured it out 5 minutes after posting my question here.

    I went through all of the config files in the App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration folder and looked at the config:version attributes they were specifying. All the config files were referencing version 4.0.1098.0 except for the VersionConfig.config file which had somehow been changed to 4.0.1030.0. I changed the VersionConfig to be consistent with everything else and it's fixed!
2 posts, 0 answered