Image Gallery

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Chet Pelletier
    Chet Pelletier avatar
    1 posts
    29 Oct 2009
    29 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Can someone help with the fact that I am having trouble displaying the Image Gallery on our web page...how can we arrange the thumbnails to populate on a selected area. There is way to much space between images, see attached link.

Thx in advance for your help.

Chet

http://www.coolfishwebdesign.com/Lightbox1.aspx
  2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    02 Nov 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Chet Pelletier,

Thank you for using our services.

For this you will have to use the External Templates for your version of Sitefinity. From the live link that you have provided I can see that you are using Sitefinity 3.6 build 1861. This means that you will have to download the external templates for this version (if you have not done so already) and modify the template for the Image Gallery lighbox mode. For more information on how to work with the external templates please take a look at:
    Introducing the Controls Config File
    Mapping a control to use external template

After you have downloaded and added the external templates to your project go to ~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Libraries/GalleryLighboxList.ascx. If this file is with different extension just change the extension to .ascx. This file contains a Css file link to the style sheet that defines the look and feel of the gallery control. You can change the control to point to your CSS:
    <sfWeb:CssFileLink ID="CssFileLink1" FileName="~/yourpathto/ibrariesCommonLayout.css" Media="screen" runat="server"/>

For your convenience I have attached the original CSS file so you do not have to create one from scratch. Then just click Edit on the image gallery control go to Advanced and point the ItemListTemplatePath property to the edited file. Restart the web site and changes should be in effect.

Kind regards,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
2 posts, 0 answered