I need to create a sort of slideshow/carousel and I'm not certain of
the best way to proceed. Here are the requirements of what I need to
1) The overall design will look something like this.
2) The boxes (1,2, and 3 in the picture) will contain images (perhaps video) and may also be links.
3) Optimally, the content of these boxes will be determined by an xml file.
4) The total number of items in the carousel can be anywhere from four to many.
When the right arrow is clicked, box number 1 moves out of frame to the
left, box 2 shrinks and moves to the left to occupy the position
formerly held by box 1; box 3 grows and moves to the center; box 4
slides from out-of-frame on the right into the position formerly held
by box 3.
6) When the left button is clicked, the same thing happens
but in reverse: the last item in the carousel (#4 if there are only the
minimum 4 items) moves into the first position from the left, box 1
grows and moves into the middle, etc. So it is a carousel in this
respect -- you can cycle through all of the items in either direction
-- even though you can only see three at a time.
7) Items can be
added or removed from the carousel by simply editing the xml file and
adding/removing images from the images folder. The silverlight will
automatically provide the correct number of boxes in the carousel and
the correct box contents based on the xml.
8) There will be a corresponding text to every image/slide e.g. the solution on this site: http://www.ivankristianto.com
Many thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction with this.
Is there a Telerik component available for this?