More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / French Language Pack for SF 3.7 SP3 (Sitefinity_3_7_2096_standard_trial_BlankProject)

French Language Pack for SF 3.7 SP3 (Sitefinity_3_7_2096_standard_trial_BlankProject)

12 posts, 0 answered
  1. ansar foolchand
    ansar foolchand avatar
    13 posts
    17 Feb 2010
    12 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if there exists a french language pack for the backoffice of sitefinity 3.7 SP3? I have make the following modification in the webconfig but in vain:
    <localization defaultProvider="Sitefinity" persistenceMode="None" defaultCulture="fr" cultures="en, es, fr, de, bg">

Could you please help me out, this is a decisive issue for the purchase of sitefinity by my company. 

Regards,
    Ansar Foolchand

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    12 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi ansar foolchand,

Here is a link from where you could download fr localization pack Sitefinity back-end localization resources

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. ansar foolchand
    ansar foolchand avatar
    13 posts
    17 Feb 2010
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan Dimitrov,
    Thank you for your quick reply. I have found a folder "FR" from the link you sent me. I have extracted the folder directly into the BIN of sitefinity, unfortunately the language remains in english. As i have told you earlier I have made the following modifications in my web.config:
    <localization defaultProvider="Sitefinity" persistenceMode="None" defaultCulture="fr" cultures="en, es, fr, de, bg">

Could you please guid me where to put the folder "FR".

Regards,
    Ansar Foolchand
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello ansar foolchand,

The entire fr folder should be located in your bin folder. Your configuration shows that
    " persistenceMode="None" which means that the localization is disabled. You should enable the localization by changing the value of " persistenceMode to  PathPrefix, QueryString or DomainName.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  5. ansar foolchand
    ansar foolchand avatar
    13 posts
    17 Feb 2010
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan Dimitrov,
    Again thank you for your quick reply. I have been able to set the language of the website, however the translation is not complete (See attached image). Could you tell me how to proceed to change these texts?
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi ansar foolchand,

Some of the labels are local resources and you should translate them. The compiled resources are sent to us by contributors and we could not guarantee for the quality of the translation. If you want I could sent you not compiled resources in "En" and you could translate them to "fr". Then you should return the translated files to use and we will compile them for you.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

7. ansar foolchand
    ansar foolchand avatar
    13 posts
    17 Feb 2010
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan Dimitrov,
    Yes i would like to have the not compiled version of the ressource files, we will try to translate them and send them back to you.

Regards,
    Ansar Foolchand
  8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello ansar foolchand,

I attached not compiled resources.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

9. ansar foolchand
    ansar foolchand avatar
    13 posts
    17 Feb 2010
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan Dimitrov,
    I have one more question, it is possible to have the default language set to FRENCH, i.e. let the persistenceMode="None" yet the site is in french?

Regards,
    Ansar Foolchand
  10. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi ansar foolchand,

When persistenceMode="None" localization is not enabled, so you could not use it and set any default language.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

11. ansar foolchand
    ansar foolchand avatar
    13 posts
    17 Feb 2010
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan Dimitrov,
    OK I understand, but I really need is to able to make the site appear to be in FRENCH natively coz it is for a French client only. If i put a persistence even on the "FRONT" either "FR" appears in the path or querystring which is not what my client want. Can you please help me out. What I really need is that i erase all english content and replace them by french, and when i load the site for the first time it is already in french.

Thanking you in anticipation,
    Ansar Foolchand
  12. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    13 May 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi ansar foolchand,

Set autoSetClientLanguage="false" property of the localization node. Thus, the website will pick up your defaultCulture.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
12 posts, 0 answered