Hi Stéphane Lagacé,
The categories are metakeys that are created per provider. They are not localizable. There are two options
1. Create an additional provider that will be used only with french categories.
2. This is a more complex option.
- You need to create an additional metakey - say FrenchCategories.
- When you are creating a content items you have to get the CurrentUICulture and depending on that you will show the default CategoriesList DropDown or your custom one - that will have categories with french titles.
- You need to override CategoriesTreeView for the backend and there again check for the CurrentUICulture and depending on this bind your categories.
3. If you want to use the public CategoriesTree control, you also have to override its BindCategories method where you need to set the RadTreeView node Text
property to the name of ICategory object( which should be in French or English)
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items.