More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Lucene.Net.dll issue

Lucene.Net.dll issue

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. bnye
    bnye avatar
    332 posts
    Registered:
    22 Sep 2005
    31 Dec 2008
    Link to this post

    I wanted to search the title, description, tags, and categories of our custom module data which is not Generic Content based. So I created a search creator and indexcreator separate from the Sitefinity search.

    Everything seems to work fine. The index is created and closed without error. However, when I close out the website I get the following error in the console.

    A first chance exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll  
    A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in mscorlib.dll  
    'aspnet_wp.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'PropertyAccessorAssembly', No symbols loaded.  
    'aspnet_wp.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'Module', No symbols loaded.  
    The thread 0xd4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).  
    A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in Telerik.Search.DLL 

    The error appears 50 or so times in the console. I'm optimizing and closing my IndexModifier instance after I update the index, but I'm wondering if there is in an issue with using the version of Lucene in the Telerik.Search namespace?

    Also, if there is and I can't prevent this error. How could I also reference another version of the Lucene.Net.dll without getting that pesky 'IndexModifier is ambiguous in the Lucene.Net.Index namespace' error?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Sincerely,

    Ben
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    06 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Ben,

    We do not have such or similar problem with the Lucene and Telerik.Search namespace.

    You may try using different version of Lucene, and in this case you should add bindingRedirect statement in the web.config file, pointing the correct old and new version of the assembly.

    We had System.Threading.ThreadAbortException exception in cases when the Search Thread was aborted for some reason. You may check if the thread is somehow alive even after the search is completed.

    I hope that the problem will be solved.

    Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Bob
    Bob avatar
    330 posts
    Registered:
    30 Dec 2016
    06 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Ben,

    Unfortunately you cannot use different version of Lucene.Net when you reference Ttelerik.Search assembly, because we have not changed the name spaces for Lucene code and classes will conflict. We will try to change the name spaces for the next release.

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Regards,
    Bob
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  4. bnye
    bnye avatar
    332 posts
    Registered:
    22 Sep 2005
    06 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    What is strange is that the error occurs even if I don't run an Index or Search. If I debug a website and then close it right away the error still appears in the console. My search and index classes are located in a folder called Search in the App_Code directory. I will move them to separate project and see if that has an effect.

    Thanks for looking into this though.

    Sincerely,

    Ben
  5. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    07 Jan 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Ben,

    I am not sure that this might help. Let us know about the results though.

    Sincerely yours,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered