I just created an integration between Sitefinity and Facebook using the latest Facebook Graph API and OAuth 2.0. This allows you to merge your existing processes of posting blogs, news, and events with automatically posting to Facebook. Integrating your Sitefinity website to Facebook is now here!
You can download and try it here:
- Post news, events, and blogs from Sitefinity to Facebook simply by checking off a box!
- Uses the latest, next generation Facebook Graph API
- Uses the highly secured OAuth 2.0 for authenication (recommended by Facebook)
- Post to multiple Facebook accounts simultaneously
- Works with all types of Facebook account types: user, group, and page
- Adds picture, summary, link, and publication/event start date
News, events, and blogs will have a new Social Media section where you can select as many Facebook accounts you would like to post to
Using OAuth 2.0 standards, the sign on procedure will take you directly to Facebook for authentication
The Sitefinity Connector will request your permission to perform the tasks needed to post your news, events, and blogs as Facebook app
A successful login and granting of permissions will pass back a secure Facebook token to allow Sitefinity to post to Facebook
Closing the window will update your Sitefinity posting page
Upon creation of your post, the Facebook posted to will be listed for your reference
A successul post from Sitefinity to Facebook... a beautiful sight indeed!
Do not forget, it is also posted onto your website with the same click :)