More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Upgrade from Sitefinity_3_2_1616_community to Sitefinity_3_5_1747_community

Upgrade from Sitefinity_3_2_1616_community to Sitefinity_3_5_1747_community

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    27 Nov 2008
    Link to this post
    I am using  Sitefinity_3_2_1616_community version and now want to upgrade it to Sitefinity_3_5_1747_community . please suggest me

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    27 Nov 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello anand,

Thank you for using our services.

You should log into your Client.net and download Sitefinity_3_5_1747_community_patch.zip. Then extract the archive and follow the steps from the Upgrade Instructions. Just to let you know from Sitefinity 3.5 urlWhitespache char is underscore ("_") and if you have links with white spaces, they should be replaced.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    29 Nov 2008
    Link to this post
    Thanks for your quick and detail reply
    I have few more questions
    1) I want to switch from Version 3 .2 SP2 Hotfix 1616 Community Edition (Sitefinity_3_2_1616_community) to Version 3 .5 SP1 Standard Edition (Sitefinity_3_5_1747_standard)?
    2) Should I need to change in database for switching from 3 .2 SP2 Hotfix 1616 Community Edition to 3 .5 SP1 Standard Edition ?
    Please give me detail guideline.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    01 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi anand,

The database of the project created with the Community Edition will be automatically upgraded. You need to copy the bin and the Sitefinity folder from the Standard edition installation to your project created with the Community edition.

Steps:

1. Create a new project with Sitefinity 3.5 SP1 Standard;
    2. Copy the files and folders from the Community web site (without bin and Sitefinity folder) and paste them in your new project (do not replace the existing files);
    3. Copy all changes made to in your Community project web.config (if any) to the upgraded web.config of the new project.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    During conversion from Version 3 .2 SP2 Hotfix 1616 Community Edition (Sitefinity_3_2_1616_community) to Version 3 .5 SP1 Standard Edition (Sitefinity_3_5_1747_standard),
    I am facing following error NewsArchive section

"A required control was not found in the template for "Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.ContentArchive+ArchiveContainer". The control must be assignable form type "Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeView" and must have ID "archiveTreeView"."
  6. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    I think following error is due to changes in NewsArchive control, Please resolve thisASAP
  7. Joe
    Joe avatar
    138 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi anand,

Thanks for contacting us.

In our 3.5 release, we upgraded the archive control to use the RadTreeView for ASP.NET AJAX and as a result, that new control must be used instead of the old archive control. Please see this code below to demonstrate what I mean:

Sitefinity 3.2 Archive Control

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CmsWebUI" Assembly="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI" %> 
    <h2> 
        <asp:Literal ID="controlTitle" runat="server"></asp:Literal> 
    </h2> 
    <!-- bulleted list mode --> 
    <asp:BulletedList ID="bulletedList" runat="server"
    </asp:BulletedList> 
    <!-- dropdown list mode --> 
    <p><CmsWebUI:OptgroupDropDownList ID="dropDownList" runat="server"
    </CmsWebUI:OptgroupDropDownList></p

Sitefinity 3.5 Archive Control

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CmsWebUI" Assembly="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI" %> 
    <%@ Register Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 

<h2> 
        <asp:Literal ID="controlTitle" runat="server"></asp:Literal> 
    </h2> 
    <!-- bulleted list mode --> 
    <telerik:RadTreeView ID="archiveTreeView" ShowLineImages="false" runat="server"></telerik:RadTreeView> 

<!-- dropdown list mode --> 
    <p><CmsWebUI:OptgroupDropDownList ID="dropDownList" runat="server"
    </CmsWebUI:OptgroupDropDownList></p

I would recommend creating a new page using the NewsView and the new archive control from the toolbox. This should resolve the issue, since the old archive control cannot be used with 3.5.

I hope that I have clearly explained how to solve your technical issue. Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
    Joe
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
7 posts, 0 answered