I think that considering the multiple possible reasons for the performance problem, it would be best if you provide us with your project + database and instructions which page causes the biggest performance issue.
Some important questions also:
- what approximate amount of simultaneous users/request do you have when the site hangs.
- are your users mostly front-end or back-end users
- do you serve big media files coming from libraries(videos, documents, large images)
- do you use security for page widgets. If some widget in a page is secured with permissions -this invalidates the output cache.
- can you check your windows application/system log - for app pool recycle event. Site hanging is often caused by the fact that your application pool is configured to recycle when a certain memory limit is reached and if the site is recycling very often - it will look like it is hanging, since sitefinity start up is not very fast and during start up all requests wait.
- Check also that other app pool recycle constraints are not taking effect - processor usage, errors, number of requests, pings etc,.
All the best,
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items