With the Q1 2011, we are going to provide new page types, and API for working with rewriting of URLs. Here is the list of pages types coming:
1. "Standard": Standard page with page data.
2. "Group": Group page without page data.
3. "External": External aspx page from the file system. It's outside of Sitefinity but it is inside of the web site. The page node has a page data object with ExternalPage property set.
4. "InnerRedirect": Redirect inside of Sitefinity (redirecting page). The page node has no page data but keeps the id and the provider of another page node (linked page). It uses the lifecycle and multilingual versions of the linked page. A request to the URL of this page performs permanent redirect to the linked page. In the navigation control the URL of the linked page is rendered instead of the URL of the redirecting page.
5. "OuterRedirect": Redirect outside of Sitefinity. The page node has no page data and permanently redirects to a page from the web. The URL of the linked page is stored in the RedirectUrl property of the PageNode. Supports multilingual, i.e. different URLs for the different languages.
6. "Rewriting": Rewrite inside of Sitefinity. Same as InnerRedirect but loads the page data of the linked page, i.e. the page data is reachable by two URLs. Accessible only through API.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items