92 posts, 0 answered
  1. Jochem Bökkers
    Jochem Bökkers avatar
    787 posts
    13 Aug 2007
    11 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Gabe
    Hey Gabe, sorry I'm having a typical monday with an SF project, was taking it out on the new introduced version naming scheme :)

To be honest, I'm very comfortable with the RadControls and prev Sitefinity naming/numbering convention. It's probl due to this project which on paper started end of february and should be finished end of the month, but we're 6 weeks in and already have 3 versions of Sitefinity which doesn't make it more clear.

As a former and current 'customer' I'd expect something I can understand and I don't care what the competition uses for any convention- I choose Telerik not Umbraco or emagiC. I applaud the fact that we're receiving intermediate bugfix releases and we don't have to wait for a Q release to see things getting fixed.

So apology for being cranky and if you ever start the internal debate again, you have my vote on assembly.year.quarter.buildnumber :)

Jochem
  2. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Telerik,

Will this still be released as stated above today the 13th of April?

Regards,
    Jean Erasmus
  3. Richard
    Richard avatar
    77 posts
    24 Oct 2007
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    *Is excited* and waiting...
  4. Jim
    Jim avatar
    22 posts
    09 Sep 2010
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Anxiously waiting....will it happen today?
  5. waqar
    waqar avatar
    76 posts
    28 Mar 2011
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Anybody there? Who can answer? When it gonna happen?
  6. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Remember, 23:59 (11:59 PM) tonight still qualifies as the 13th :-)
  7. Steve
    Steve avatar
    3037 posts
    03 Dec 2008
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    ...and 11:59 PM Bulgarian time!
  8. Jochem Bökkers
    Jochem Bökkers avatar
    787 posts
    13 Aug 2007
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Steve

Bulgaria is GMT+2 so it's 4:30pm there already... I guess we should count on a 13th of April US end of workday release...
  9. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    25 Nov 2005
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    How about 23.59 in Hawaii since Telerik has offices in the US

So if you are in Australia it could well be that tomorrow is still today :-)

And don't forget Tomorrow - Today will be Yesterday.

Looking forward to great things to come from SF and Telerik

Greetings from Switzerland 4:18 pm local time

Markus
  10. Embrace
    Embrace avatar
    17 posts
    10 Jul 2008
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Are we going to see anything today before the sun goes down here on the east coast?
  11. Jochem Bökkers
    Jochem Bökkers avatar
    787 posts
    13 Aug 2007
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Embrace

Nope. The new release date is tomorrow april 14th I've been told earlier...
  12. Embrace
    Embrace avatar
    17 posts
    10 Jul 2008
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Why is Telerik so bad at managing expectations? First announce one date, then change it and promise another, then not appear at all because you can't meet the delayed date you promised earlier.
  13. RobertZ121
    RobertZ121 avatar
    64 posts
    14 Aug 2006
    13 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi all, We cannot rely on Sitefinity Management. Mother Telerik is excellent in components, but business unit Sitefinity cannot hold that Standard. As I wrote some werks ago: "You deliver much less than promised – therefore please give money back to your customers!!! Sitefinity promised the new release 4 last year but delivered delayed on January 14th 2011.  – Sitefinity forced us to a new, higher price – but Sitefinity delivered a not working system. Sitefinity was always  promising and promising but until now Sitefinity only gave us excuses and delays. Q1 hopefully comes now in Q2 ;-((( what a shame. Many developers like me a highly unsatisfied and frustrated about this software status and not carried out anouncements  by Sitefinity AND loose and  lost a lot of money because of postponed customer projects until now. All that because they and me trusted in Sitefinity. – So the minimum for Sitefinity would be to accept compensation like a prolongation of all active running Sitefinity 4.0 licenses for at least 3 months!!!!" Regstes, Robert
  14. HRC
    HRC avatar
    44 posts
    16 Mar 2009
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    C'mon guys - the silence is even worse than not delivering when you promised.  My clients would tear a strip off me if I treated them like this.   If you're late, you're late.  But TELL us.  Communication! 
  15. Steve
    Steve avatar
    3037 posts
    03 Dec 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Yeah I know, multiple posts over the last few days saying Wednesday.  Wasn't written in STONE, but was implied that today was Go-Live.  Still 2 hours to go here, so the lack of posting about it still has me hopeful anyway....
  16. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @HRC my customer has already teared several strips from me :-) for being late, as I make commitments based on telerik's promises. Luckely this time around I promissed end of May, seems like it was a good move.....
  17. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Midday the 14th in South Africa, and still no word weather we will receive anything this week.
  18. Reg
    Reg avatar
    6 posts
    30 Sep 2010
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Jean. Impatiently waiting too! From Cape Town. Would like to hear your experience so far. We are battling!
  19. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Reg, we are up in Johannesburg. Version 4.0 has been very painfull indeed. We have written various custom modules in 3.7, and was fairly uncomplicated and quick, we perfected our VS.NET templates so that we had it down to hours for an uncomplicated module and 2-3 days for more complicated modules. We tried converting one of our simple modules to 4.0, took us days to get it coded and then days to get I to work. I can't see how the statement is made that it was written with developers in mind if it takes that long. I have not yet complained about the pricing, but it is getting to me now that we have to pay $8000 for less functionality, more development pain, and bugs galore. 
  20. John Tolar
    John Tolar avatar
    87 posts
    07 May 2003
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Posted on twitter 19 hours ago... 

Gabe Sumner 
    @ 
    @ @ The team is still working through some final issues. I suspect later today or early tomorrow.
  21. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    I'm concerned about the twitter post by Gabe. If they are still coding this late it means little time for testing, which means we will get more bugs than fixes in this release again!
  22. John Tolar
    John Tolar avatar
    87 posts
    07 May 2003
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    on Facebook :

We will have an official statement soon guys!

Does this mean another delay? Can they not release a internal build so we can move on?
  23. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Oh dear, here it comes, me going back to my customer with egg on my face. Indeed they don't deliver more than expected, they just don't deliver at all. Time to start searching for alternatives, maybe  I should look at dotnetnuke again.
  24. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    25 Nov 2005
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Jean, John, Reg

I am waiting like you since January 14th so I am willing to wait another day or two. And yes I an not happy about it either. But from some of my own experiances sometimes if something hast to go wrong it will go wrong.

I once had such a case where I suddenly heard a voice from chaos, telling me to smile and be happy it could be worse. I did smile and was happy and it came worse :-)

Markus
  25. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Markus, I have been in the software industry for a very long time, and in my experience is that if you have not finished at least a week before intended release, and by finish I mean unit and integration testing complete, things will go wrong. By Sitefinity trying to fix things last minute it means they are clearly not ready. They should have instead created the correct expectation last week already that they were not going to be ready by 13th, and either descoped some of the work, or a new release date should have been communicated.
  26. Embrace
    Embrace avatar
    17 posts
    10 Jul 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    April 13th must be the Bulgarian equivalent of April 1st because they sure fooled all of us.
  27. Steve
    Steve avatar
    3037 posts
    03 Dec 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    I would just like to hear something one way or the other...drafting an "Official Statement" usually means bad news as they're trying to word it so it doesn't cause another flame war :)
  28. Reg
    Reg avatar
    6 posts
    30 Sep 2010
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Guys

I have two SiteFinity 3.7 licenses that i want to get rig off. i am sure they must be worth gold by now :)

Asking price $1000 each.

Cheers

29. Jean
    Jean avatar
    90 posts
    06 Nov 2008
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Reg, LOL, I have a SF 4.0 license paid $8000, not worth anything :-)
  30. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    25 Nov 2005
    14 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    @Reg, @Jean

I once heard a story where a guy was trading in a pencil for something, then he traded that for something else and so on until he had a house.

So Jean a SF 4.0 License worth 8000 USD is a good starting point. Maybe you want to exchange your 4.0 for two 3.7 from Reg.

When I play Monopoly with my children we sometimes just shuffel the properties and give them out. After that the trading begins. Maybe you find each other :-)

If you have your house please invite me for the opening party - since I was the one given the tip :-)

Hang on guys. There is one thing I learnd in my military service. No mather how tired, how cold, how stressed you are in a night exercise - after 8 hours the sun will come up no mather what.

So be a man about it and hang on - even if its for another week.

Markus
92 posts, 0 answered
1 2 3 4