Dear all, we are happy to announce that Sitefinity 3.2 Beta is now available for download from this location:
Sitefinity 3.2 Beta
The installation package contains Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions.
You don't need to remove previously installed Sitefinity versions.
For system requirements and detailed instructions about installation, please refer to the Sitefinity Installation Guide
We would recommend that you upgrade projects created with previous versions directly to the official release of 3.2, once it is out.
If, however, you need to upgrade projects to 3.2 Beta, please refer to either of the following resources:
Sitefintiy Installation Guide
Sitefinity User Manual
, section Upgrading Projects to Sitefinity 3.2.
What's new in Sitefinity 3.2 Beta?
Photos & Documents Module
Export web sites as templates
Links to CMS pages in RadEditor
Forms Spam Protector control
Deny anonymous access
and Show in navigation
persist on child pages
Enhancements in Generic Content based modules
More details about the new features can be found at the following locations:
- There are no predefined site template you can use. The TIU
, JobsIntraSite, Personal
templates will be added to the official release of SItefinity 3.2
- Role feature is not enabled
error at the second step of the Project creation wizard. You need to refresh the page to continue
- IE6 issue with select button in RadEditor's Insert Image and Insert Document dialogs
- When EventView and DocumentList public controls are on the same page, an exception is thrown if you click an event
No links are displayed in What's been up lately?
My latest changes
, Last uploaded files
and Last posted blog comments
are not displayed
- News List public control throws an exception when the SelectMode property is set to All and one or more categories are selected in "Display only news in specific category"
- Blog Posts public control does not work correctly. Full story
links do not open the single post page
- An error is thrown when you click a tag to display the grid with all tagged blog posts
- Personalizataion Module
News settings do not work
Generic Content settings do not show when custom providers are added
Error when you select share an item with events via Generic Content control
View as calendar - reschedule does not work correctly
Events View public control throws an exception when an event with geomapping is selected
Incorrect results are sometimes displayed when you use Live Search Maps for geomapping
Problems with rescheduling of events
- Moderate comments
and Allow comments
in Blogs do not work correctly
Start indexing link throws an exception when index source is not set
In case of editing an RSS Feed that contains a Blogs provider, it throws an exception
- Photos & Documents Module
Permissions are not implemented
Search does not work
Files do not show when there are special symbols in file names
Filtering by metadata, does not work
Filtering by tags and categories does not work
Batch edit does not show tags and categories
Download list control displays images from Image Library when there is no other type of library created
Issues fixed since the release of Sitefinity 3.1 SP2
- Issue with File Selector when uploading files in the app root
- Issue with Thumbnail selector in News module
- Problems with Tags filter and "Back to All Items" link
- Issue with fields not cleaning when a new comment is posted
- Problem loading search results in medium trust
- Problem with case-sensitive tags when editing/creating items
- Renamed category not showing in the Details list
- Tags not saved after a thumbnail is added
- Search not checking PageIndex input
- Problem with Toolbox controls in Generic Content group when localization is on
- Unknown server tag error with Navigation controls
As always, we'll be glad to receive your feedback and comments.
Happy St Valentine's day and happy testing!
The Telerik team