03 Dec 2008
Link to this post
15 Mar 2013
in reply to
Okay, let me paint you guys a picture here...
1) You create a new custom field of type Short, default options, save
2) User comes to you and says "I kinda want that to be a time picker instead of me entering it free-form, it feels more safe" (Like this would ever happen, more likely we want the data integrity b/c they keep borking it)
3) REGARDLESS...you go ahead and make the field control to handle the data http://demos.kendoui.com/web/timepicker/index.html
So now we're stuck at the PIA part...swapping out that shorttext field control for the new one.
So it's a 2 step process:
1) Edit the .config file, find the fields in the (3?) places, and replace the type name
2) Edit the database (sf_mb_dynamic_module_field I believe), and change the type name in there as well
Doing JUST #1 appears to work until someone adds a new field, then it resets itself, likely due to the definition in the database.
SOOOOO the feature request is to put that field\type selector back into the UI **AFTER** the column already exists. This shouldn't be a huge deal...don't need to change the column type (like int -> varchar), just the field control assigned to it. Saving changes would update both the config and DB.